haechan - helpful (pt 1)

word count: 1487 words
plot:
a series in which you are the daughter of a large CEO of an entertainment company, and you run into a helpful, and attractive, kpop idol who you can't seem to stop running into.

P A R T  O N E

+++

Y/N's POV

After knocking on the door to the NCT practice room, I cautiously entered as 23 pairs of eyes lay on me. I waved with a small gesture and made my way to the corner of the room to set down the tea that the kitchen staff had made for the crew.

I was the daughter of Lee Soo-man, the founder of SM Entertainment, and I worked in the company on weekends to help around since I knew how much work everyone at the company went through every day, prepping things for the trainees, idols and business visitors.

Today, I was in charge of bringing in snacks for the NCT members who were filming a YouTube video. The crew thanked me as I left the room, getting the other snacks from the hallway. However, I struggled to hold the door open as well as bring in the cart full of trays of food when I felt the door move away, being held open for me.

A light brown-haired boy with a smile held the door open for me as I gratefully smiled at him and thanked him, wheeling in the cart of trays of snacks for the boys.

"Food has arrived!" I announced to the room as the boys and crew clapped and thanked me. I nodded at the many thank you's that I received and started to leave the room. Before I did though, I saw the boy with the light brown hair and a kind smile as I smiled gratefully at him once again. 

Haechan's POV

Y/N, my boss's daughter. Why couldn't she just be another girl that I could actually date? Not that I could date anyone with the strict rules SM gave us all, but still. It'd be so much easier for her not to be related to my boss.

"Manners, Haechan?" Chenle said, walking up to me with Renjun and Mark. "I don't think I've ever seen you be kind to anyone other than Daegal." 

"Shut up before I hit you," I said, grabbing a sandwich and a Cola.

"He's right though," Renjun said, and then gasped. "Haechan! Don't tell me you have a crush on Y/N? My mind refuses to believe you have emotions other than being dramatic."

At that very moment, I hit his right arm as he winced in pain. I gave him an I-told-you-so look and went back to eating my sandwich as Mark laughed historically at Renjun's pain. 

He was right though. I did have a crush on her, and I shouldn't. I couldn't help it though. Every time I saw her smile, I couldn't help but smile with her, butterflies filling in my stomach. Whenever she would make eye contact with me, I would contain myself from blushing but inside I was getting too flustered. Anytime I heard her calming voice or comforting smile, I would go all warm and soft inside, not being able to speak anymore.

I couldn't tell anyone any of this though. If she wasn't the SM's daughter, I would have told everyone about her and my feelings, but I couldn't. I couldn't risk SM finding out. Or worse, Y/N herself.

"Alright," our director yelled out to us, "let's keep filming! Grab your food and go back to get ready to film the rest of the video. After that, you can talk with each other as much as you want."

I grabbed some fruit, a couple more sandwiches, a bottle of water and headed back to my seat.

"You totally like her," Chenle said, sitting next to me. I rolled my eyes and scoffed but didn't hit him since I knew it was true.

+++

After almost two more hours, filming and chatting, the director thanked us all and let us leave back to our dorms. As I walked into the elevator, I saw her. She was talking with another staff member with a notebook in her hand. She nodded and looked over at us as we waved at her with her waving back at us. Our eyes met, and she seemed to remember me as the guy who held the door open for her a couple of hours ago because she smiled at me the way she did in the practice room. Then, the metal doors closed in my face and I lost sight of her.