Ch. 12

Johnny's POV

I squeezed my eyes shut, but I couldn't get her blue eyes out of my head. So blue. So fake. I began to spiral into a pit of fear.

Down.     Down.

           Down.

I snapped out of it as Elvira's long blonde hair brushed against my forehead. What did she want?

Suddenly, she let go of my hair and tucked her knife back into her pocket. I relaxed just a little. I watched her warily as she sat down across from me.

When I didn't speak, she said, "What are you doing out here, huh?"

I pursed my lips.

She began to reach for her blade again. "You know, everyone's at the Curtis house right?"

I looked at where her hand paused over the hilt of her knife. "I- I was just hanging out," I finally squeezed out. She let go of the knife.

"Don't know it's not safe to be by yourself?"

I nodded. Man did I know. You get jumped when you're alone.

"Do you often sit alone like this?"

"No," I was slowly relaxing some more.

She gave me a confused look.

"You should be with the others."

Was it just me, or was this conversation going in circles? "Yeah, I know." For some odd reason I felt like I was being scolded at like a little child.

"C'mon," Elvira said with a terrifying smile, "I'll take you there."

We walked, but I could tell that she was leading me in circles. "You know, we aren't going the right way, right?" I said quietly.

"Huh?" Elvira looked at me. She had been lost in thought. "Yeah I know."

I wanted to ask why we were going in circles, but I was becoming quite scared of her. She wasn't a normal girl. She had too much confidence for a normal girl.

As we passed a dark alley, Elvira shoved me toward it. "Go."

I began to shake. I didn't want to, but my limbs still obeyed her order.

She took out her knife. Her lips parted into a wry smile. "Wanna have some fun?"