𝐨𝐧𝐞

Missions were common within the New York Institute. You leave, do what you were assigned, and come back. Pretty straightforward, however, Cassiopeia always did her best to make the most out of them. 

"Cassie, come on. We have to go!" Regulus called from the hall and into his sister's room. He'd been waiting for a while, entertaining himself as much as he could with his phone until it eventually got boring.

"I'm coming, hold on." He heard her muffled voice and groaned. 

At that moment, Alec was walking to the room across from the blonde's to do the exact same thing, rush his own sister. Isabelle was a lot like Cassie in that sense, wanting to break out of the day to day norm. Even if it was only just dressing up a bit more.

"Still not ready?" Alec asked Reggie, who shook his head. The Lightwood boy rolled his eyes at the girls' incessant need to take so long getting ready. "Isabelle, let's go."

Like clockwork, both girls walked out of their rooms simultaneously. "Hey there big, bro." Izzy greeted Alec, who was too busy ogling the blonde beauty. It was no secret that there was some tension between Alec and Cassie. Was it sexual? Was it romantic? Who knows?

"Hi, Reg. Hey, Alec." Cassie greeted. "Nice wig, Iz." The blonde strutted away, the other three following after her down the hall.

Alec turned back to his sister, noticing the platinum blonde wig in her hands. "Really?" He asked.

Isabelle sighed. "What can I say?" She asked no one in particular. "Demons dig blondes."

"Of course, they do, that's white." Alec retorted.

"Platinum, actually." Cassie corrected. Izzy nodded. "And they don't exactly like Shakespeare, okay Alec?"

"You two are plenty distracting on your own," Reggie commented from beside Cassie.

Isabelle sighed. "So, be yourselves? Is that what you're trying to say?" She winked at Reggie who blew her a kiss right back.

Alec shook his head. "Never mind. Looking good, let's go."

"We're ready, Jace," Cassie spoke, making 1/3 of the blondes of the group turn.

He sent a nod toward Cassie before turning to the Lightwood girl. "Nice choice, Izzy. Demons dig blondes."

Isabelle cast a smirk to her brother. "Told you."

Alec rolled his eyes. "It's platinum."

After the group was settled, Jace started briefing them. "All right guys, for some reason our demon friend is killing mundanes and draining their blood." A picture popped up on the screen, showing the team their suspect.

"Why do they want blood?" Alec asked.

"Isn't that vampire territory?" Cassie added, completing his thoughts. Alec sent a small smile her way, making Cassiopeia blush in response.

"I don't know," Jace sighed. "Lazy vampires maybe?"

"There must be something special about their blood," Regulus suggested. Isabelle agreed with him.

"What could be special about mundane blood?" Alec scoffed.

"You get us a sample and we'll tell you exactly what they're looking for," Izzy remarked and fist-bumped Reggie.

Jace opened an arsenal of weapons, passing each of them a seraph blade. "We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for."

"You don't think they're acting on their own?" Cassiopeia asked.

"No."

"They're not exactly creative thinkers," Alec added. "They're shapeshifters."