𝐬𝐢𝐱

"Izzy!" Alec called out to his sister. Cassiopeia was trailing behind him. "I got your text. Where are we exactly?"

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance," Isabelle explained. "If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort."

"Nice, Izzy." Cassie complemented the Shadowhunter who sent her a wink in response.

"We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon."

"Okay," Alec spoke.

"Okay?" Izzy questioned. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

"Oh, it was hard alright." Cassie snorted, Isabelle rolled her eyes.

"Great job, Izzy." Alec humored his sister. "You have faerie dust on your dress." The lightwood boy walked away. "And I hate being the distraction."

"I'm going to call Regulus, tell him to meet us here." Cassiopeia took out her phone and walked out of the room.

"Well, I don't hate being the distraction," Isabelle smirked. "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed." Alec ignored her. "Alec. Hello?"

"I'm back. What did I miss?" Cassiopeia walked back into the room occupied by the pair of siblings, Regulus right behind her.

"Nothing," Alec answered curtly and walked away from the three.

"What's up with Mr. Sunshine?" Regulus asked Izzy, who shrugged nonchalantly.

Isabelle followed after her brother, catching up quickly. Regulus and Cassie were a few feet behind. Izzy smirked. "You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?"

Alec looked back at the blondes behind him and turned back to Izzy. "That's because you have no idea what you're talking about."

"But I do." Izzy retorted. "You're depriving yourself of what you really want. You have feelings whether you like it or not, Alec."

"This is not the time or the place, Izzy."

Isabelle turned back and saw the siblings distracted with their own conversation. "I don't know," She shrugged at Alec. "Looks pretty smooth so far."

"Cass! Reg!" Alec called the blondes. 'Come on." He climbed the ladder, the other three following after him.

The four stealthily walked through the halls, the only thing being heard was the clicking of both girls' heels.

"Why do we always insist on wearing heels again?" Cassie hissed to no one in particular.

"So, we can kick ass and look hot while doing it." Isabelle retorted.

"Yeah, you're right."

Isabelle caught sight of a door and walked toward it, Cassie close behind her. "This must be the way." The Lightwood girl opened it, and to their surprise, vampires were waiting on the other side.

Alec and Regulus slammed the door shut, using their bodies to hold it tight.

"Well, not that smooth," Izzy stated, making Alec send her a look.

Cassie took out her Steele, handing it to Alec so he could draw a locking rune.

"It's not taking it!" He complained.

Isabelle took out her seraph blade and cut through a pipe, using it to barricade the door.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword was an idiot."

"When you're right, you're right," Alec muttered and handed Cassie her Steele.

The four assumed their positions, Reggie was beside Izzie, who was beside Cassie, who was beside Alec.