14: Back To The Way It Was

He raises a brow, snickering a bit when seeing he's struck a nerve inside me. "Like I said Mike. Been there, done that. Better ask her whose she's been laid up with since y'all stopped talking, Mike. Shanelle ain't the little Shanelle you know her as anymore. I made sure of that." He gives me one last cocky glare before head signaling over to Kim to follow after him like a lost dog.

He holds onto her wrist instead of her hand, pulling her along and when she gets close enough to walk passed me, I notice slight bruises on her face that her overly large sunglasses didn't do a good job in hiding. I kept hearing his words over and over again, replaying loudly in my head as my brain starts to connect dots on its on, dots I didn't even think related to any of this.

She ain't do much punching when I had her. In fact, she mostly just sat there and took it.

All of the public appearances she did when we weren't talking to one another. How sad she always looked, wearing long clothing and large sunglasses like Kim's all the time.  How standoffish she is with me now, flinches every time I raise a finger to caress her, love on her. She shuts down.

In fact, she mostly just sat there and took it.

My eyes widen.

Does that mean...?

Like I said Mike. Been there, done that. Better ask her whose she's been laid up with since y'all stopped talking, Mike.

Were they really together?

——————

•MICHAEL POV•

From the moment I first met him, I knew he was trouble

From the moment I first met him, I knew he was trouble. We were just kids but I seen it then. He gets a kick out of overpowering women and I thought she seen it too. I couldn't have expected her to wait for me, but Tyrone? There are plenty of other fish swimming along in the sea yet, she decided to be with him?

Been there, done that.

He said it as if he was bragging. Said it as if wanting me to understand that he had gotten a piece from my plate. Like she was just another desperate fling to shoo away when he's grown bored of her and yet, she still chose him. Over me?

All of my trying and hard efforts to win her back, she didn't want to hear any of it because her heart and soul was tied with another. Tied with him. That alone made me want to break down in cry but I wouldn't give my enemy the satisfaction. I quickly make up my mind to speak with Shanelle about this. I didn't want to let my anger get the best of me and ruin everything I've got going for us but I just need to know, why? Why him?