7: Where Are You?

*Shanelle POV*
October 1,1979

Oddly enough, the sounds of beeping from monitors and the faint pain from needles being stuck in my arms had become a normal thing to wake up to for me. I was used to the itchy sheets and wooly comforters by now that it didn't bug me as much as it did the first time he sent me here just a couple years ago.

But this time, when my eyes open, it feels different.

Instead of being home, clueless about everything like before, sitting in a chair close to the side of my bed sat my sleeping mother, snoring slightly with her arms crossed and head down. I have to move my head entirely to glance over towards the couches near the tv, for my right eye seems to be swollen shut but nonetheless, I'm met with the sleeping bodies of Trisha and Kim, sprawled out on the leather cushions in ways that made it a guarantee that they were more than comfortable right now.

And as much as scanned the room for him, the fact still remained. Tyrone was absent.

On the journeys of turning my head to scan the room more, I spot bunches and bunches of flowers that seemed to be sprawled out across the room for the amount that were there couldn't all fit on the small table in front of me. I also notice a handful of stuffed animals along with get well cards and balloons spread out just like the flowers.

A different touch than me waking up in a empty room like I've grown use to.

My roaming pauses momentarily on the crowded table that held the most beautiful vase of roses I've ever seen just as a small knock was heard, followed by the door slowly opening to reveal a male nurse striding in. "I see that you are up now, Ms. Lewis." He says, coming to my bedside before looking over at the table I was staring at then all around the room. "A lot of people care about you as you can see. People were coming in nonstop while you were sleep dropping off things."

"Really?" I croak before clearing my raspy throat, watching him nod in response as he starts to check my vitals. "Like who?"

Shrugging, he replies, "All them big time folk I'm sure you're friends with. Like celebrities and such."

"Mm. Do you know who brought those in, by chance?" I quiz, pointing towards the beautiful white roses that I couldn't keep my eye from.

Looking over to where I pointed, I watch him smirk a bit, checking one of the monitors before responding with, "Yes, actually. I do. They mean something to ya?"

"They're my favorite." I tell him, breaking my gaze at the flowers towards him who stood there smiling down at me. "There's only two people who would know that."

"Well, to help you out, this fella caused commotion as soon as he got here." The hint should've helped me out more than it did but I laid there still trying to suppress my sudden mind grain while simultaneously racking my brain on who it could've been as the nurse continues. "Now, you've been out for quite some time, Ms. Lewis but luckily you didn't suffer from any brain trauma, just a mild concussion from too many blows to the head. As for your stomach and chest area, you have two broken ribs and very bad bruising all around. Now, we've been running tests all while you were sleeping and haven't found any thing internally bleeding or things of that nature just yet but we still have a few more to run to be sure." He starts to scribble down in his clipboard after eyeing the other monitor on the other side of me before continuing, "All in all, according to my gut feeling, you are going to heal just fine and will be able to leave this hell hole by tomorrow morning after the tests come in negative."

Before I even have time to open my mouth, I hear my mother's groggy voice say, "Thank you, sir, and also, what do you recommend she eat? It's been 36 hours or so and I know she's starving."