16: And It Continues...

Zeke opens his mouth for another protest but Michael cuts in with, "I'm a bit hungry too. What place were thinking?"

I take a glance out the window just as Rodney turned onto a street filled with nothing but fast food spots it seemed. There was the usual, McDonald's, KFC, and Burger King, but there was also a Wendy's. With it being in the mid 90s today, I would die to get my hands on a frosty right about now.

"Rodney, pull in here." I direct, pointing my finger in the direction, visible enough for him to look back quickly to see where and turn.

It wasn't that busy to me but with Michael hesitating before opening his door, I scan the area before doing the same. Stepping out of the car to hurry to the front door, I am stopped by my name being called from someone rather close to me.

"Yo, Shanelle." They say again so I turn, Frank is close to my side with his arms ready to stop the man before he gets too close but I stop him, causing Michael, who stood closely on my other side, to look at me as if I grew three heads just now.

He bends down and mumbles in my ear, "Who is he?"

I just shake my head, as if refusing to answer, then turn to Frank who still stood ready for whatever it seemed. "He's good, Frank."

Frank gave me an 'Are you sure' look before stepping away then to my side closely again just as Slim opens his mouth again....

•Shanelle POV•

"Shanelle Lewis. Long time no see, mama. We need to talk." Slim singsongs as he stops no farther than 5 steps away from me, Frank, and Michael who is now gripping my waist sort of tight, silently telling me he's here to protect me.

I turn and give Michael a reassuring look before introducing the two. "Michael, this is ....Slim. An old friend. Slim, this is-"

"Michael Jackson." Slim cuts off with a smirk. "He don't need a introduction ma. Big fan dawg. Got so much pussy thanks to your album alone so thank you brother. Yo' vocals get em wet everytime."

Michael's face flushes with embarrassment at that confession but manages to squeak out a small "No problem."

Slim nods at him just as I come back in before I waste anymore time than I already have, "What is it you have to tell me?"

"Well," he drawls. "Just wanted to make sure that the past is still the past. No running back to...things that aren't good for you."

"If this is about Tyrone, I haven't seen him." I let him know quickly, not really in the mood to dance around the elephant in the room. "Don't plan on seeing him either."

"Tyrone?" Michael cuts in confused but his question goes unacknowledged as Slim just continues on.

"That's good because he has a huge target on his back. Not just with me, but with the entire city. He ran off with them South Central boys money for some job last month and snitched on a few known dealers here in LA so, they all want him dead. He just ain't good for business if you know what I mean and I wouldn't want you to pay for his sins just by being at the wrong place wrong time with him."

I nod. "Well, like I said. The past is the past and I plan on keeping it that way."

"Good." He nods allowing his eyes to travel back to Michael yet again, causing another smirk to display across his lips. "Well, I guess there are some good things from the past that seems to be coming back in your life. You look good when your happy ma. Take it easy,Shanelle."