5: Nothing But Trouble Ahead

Shanelle POV
September 29, 1979

"Girl, then what happened?" Kim eggs on, practically falling off the edge of her seat as she completely forgets about the Cajun pasta she ordered not too long ago.

Trisha was on one of her long dramatic rants telling everyone's business but her own as usual and knowing her, she could be doing this all night. So, unlike Kim, I drown them out, slurping on my Alfredo pasta in peace. My mind was already to busy worrying about my many sessions I have planned out to even dream of paying attention to the both of their craziness for more than five seconds. Like today, I started with Al Green, seeing Anita Ward, The Bee Gees, and Donna Summer somewhere in between and having a small session with Smokey to cap everything off. If it wasn't for Trisha planning this little girl's dinner weeks ahead of time, I would've been deep into a session with Earth, Wind & Fire, helping them finish up their upcoming album. I have interviews lined up all through the next three months along with magazine covers and flights to New York, Dallas, Atlanta and St. Louis for more sessions there.

"Shanelle, are you even listening to me?" Trisha's voice breaks me from my thoughts as I glance over to see they have taken a break from their gossiping, eyeing me as they finally start to eat their food.

"You've been awfully quiet since we been here. You okay?" Kim quizzes, concern dripping from her tongue.

Waving them both off, I take a sip of my wine before replying, "Yeah, just tired is all."

"Mm..Tyrone breaking that back in?" Kim teases and Trish loudly scoffs causing laughter to slip from me instantly.

"I'm just thinking about work."

"Mhm..this is not the time for you to be thinking of work you workaholic." Trisha states, taking a sip from her drink as well. "How's you and Tyrone's no good for nothing ass, anyway?"

"We're fine." I shrug. "How's you and Marlon?"

"Ugh. That nigga." With that statement, Trisha rolls her eyes, waving me off with her wedding ring glistening under the light. "We cool, for now."

"For now? Why, for now?" Kim giggles.

"Because he's bound to do something that's going to piss her off again once he and his brothers finish their album." I laugh, answering before Trisha could even open her mouth.

Trisha give me that 'you right' point then adds with a groan, "Men are just stupid. Bunch of dumb asses. That's why, I'm not surprised the lesbian rate is climbing in this city. Shit, being with a woman doesn't sound too bad when you try being with a man first."

"Girl, shut up! You love dick too much to be switching teams." Kim laughs as do I. "You are too much."

Although she was laughing too, Trisha replies, "I'm being serious though. Y'all hoes telling me y'all ain't never thought about it?"

"Nope." Kim smacks. "Never."

"That's because you gotta get a man first dumb ass to see." Trisha claps back with an eye roll before planting her eyes on me. "What about you Shanelle? Have you ever thought about it?"

Shaking my head with a slight smirk, I say, "No. I don't think I have."

"Mm...just wait. When you finally done with that ain't shit nigga who sleeping on your couch and eating up your food, you gone want to experiment, watch."

"I thought you said she was gone run back to Michael when she through with Tyrone. We made a bet, don't you remember." Kim cuts in, pointing her fork at Trisha who rolls her eye yet again.