10: The Return

A\N: Hey guys 😬👋🏾..I didn't forget about you or this story but work has been working me like a slave 🥺

But here is a good juicy lengthy update for you and I'm currently working on the next update so it shouldn't be long for that one but who knows with my damn job. 😒

Anywhoreeeeee...ENJOY!

•SHANELLE POV•
November 1, 1979

"Shanelle!" A loud baritone voice shakes through the halls of my estate. "Shanelle! You better be up girl!" I release an annoyed groan, rolling to my back to scream into my pillow just in time for Ezekiel to burst into my room, a stack of papers in hand. "Don't give me that. You know I said I was coming here this morning after you had me slaving for you over there in Paris for weeks."

"Well, my ancestors slaved for your people for centuries, only right you return the favor, Zeke." I grumble, yawning afterwards as I sit up to take the papers he was handing over to me.

He rolls his eyes then sarcastically laughs back, "Ha. Ha. Anyway. The company is ready for your launch of Reflections Cosmetics over there, finally, after I spent two weeks showing them all of the plans and discussing every detail with them. The release is looking to be scheduled around the time of Christmas."

"That's good. Thank you." I nod, then taking a huge packet from his hands, quickly seeing it's a a script.

"Bernie Kukoff wants you to be in a episode of Diff'rent Strokes. I told him you will read over the script and get back to him in a week or two." He continues, handing over the last sheet of paper in his hand. "This is your schedule for the month so you know what's going on...or at least you can't say you don't. Also, that session you had with Ronnie Milsap tonight got canceled but I went ahead and sent him the song you wrote for him and he will be ready to record the country hit next week."

I glance over the dates, eyeing names like Paul McCartney, Earth Wind and Fire, The Commodores, The Police, Kool and The Gang, and Queen just to name a few.

"So, all I have tonight is the session with Smokey?" I sigh as I search for my days off, seeing only 4.

He nods. "Yup. Why? You got some plans?"

"Well, actually I do." I tell him, running my fingers through my tangled mane of hair. "I'm taking my godson on a little date today since I bailed on him yesterday."

"That's cute." He coos, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Where you taking him?"

"I was thinking the zoo maybe or the aquarium since he loves animals and water, but then I gotta' feed him of course before taking him back to Trisha. Then it's off to the studio to meet with Smokey."

"Seems like your day is filled." He stands again, patting my knee. "You better get going then. It's already hitting 10am."

I plop back down into my pillow with a low grumble, instantly hearing chuckles from Ezekiel exiting from my room, finally. I wait till the door closes behind him to rise from my bed for I fell asleep last night in nothing but the suit I was born with and telling him or him seeing me in that state would've made things more than awkward I must say. I rush past my closet towards my bathroom, quickly starting my routine. I can't help but to occasionally glance over towards Tyrone's messy side of the sink, memories of us being together during mornings like this begin to flash through my mind on cue.

I was stuck. Judging from my perineal visit from Slim back in the hospital, I knew had to get to him before Slim and Tre do but didn't have any clue as to where he could be. Slim had informed me during our conversation that Tyrone was on the run from him and their crew with money that didn't belong to him from that robbery job I'm sure I over heard them discussing with each other before walking in on them days later with guns pointed and anger levels high inside my living room.