Chapter 17

Miyamura's POV

It's been about 20 minutes, and Yamada is still asleep, he never let go of my hand though. If only I was a witch and could tell what he was thinking.

Almost everyone else I could see was either sleeping, on their phones, reading a book. And surprisingly Ito was one of those people, she gets carsick. or eating. Most people weren't talking because it was so early in the morning. I know that in about an hour things we're going to lighten up. But for now, I'll vibe in the nice silence.

I should sleep a bit too, I think shutting my eyes.

———————

Screaming. I wake up to the sound of a random baby screaming. I jolt awake to a sweaty hand still holding a sleeping Yamada's and check to see if he's breathing, the guy looks like a vegetable. I pick up my phone and check the time. I slept for an hour. I knew things would be more active but- screaming... If only I could stretch, I'm too tall for these seats.

I unlock our hands and rub off the sweat. It's gross. Then I kind of just playing with his hand. When is he gonna wake up? I don't wanna just do nothing. Though I could sleep again. But I don't feel tired- I mean I do have earbuds and I can just play some Gibi ASMR. Or should I wake him up? I want to actually hang out so I think I should. But I'll do it, respectfully.

I do the itsy, bitsy spider on his back and neck slowly tickling him to wake up. He slowly opens his eyes and when we make eye contact he closes his eyes and gives me a smile before resting his head on my shoulder again.

"What's got you in a slump?" I ask playing with his fingers.

"Bad night."

"Oh ya? What was bad?"

"Bad people."

"Bad people? Like a gang or something- bruh I swear to go-."

"Heh. No. It's just my parents, they piss me off."

"Shouldn't they be happy? You're not failing for once in your life." I say moving shoulder so he gets off and looks at me. I give him a confused look and he just gives me a tired smile.

"It's not about grades this time. I also don't wanna talk about it. Here, on the train. Maybe later k?" How long is he gonna keep avoiding it.

"Ya sure. Just smile for me, dude. You're scaring me."

"I'm sorry," he mumbles letting out a huge sigh. "I feel so- out of it."

"Was it the drugs? I told you not to do all of them, Yamada."

"I didn't do all the drugs, just like 12 pounds."

"I'm surprised you even know that number," I chuckle, bringing his fingers to my lips and lightly kissing them. "Don't worry we'll do the rest of the drugs later."

"Hmm okay. Now feed me."

"Is that all I am to you? A source of food?"

"Yes. Duh. Now hand over the food, and before you deny having them I saw them in your backpack."

"It's just chips."

"What flavour?"

"Just plain original."

"You disgust me."

"Hee hee. I'm kidding. I also got ketchup, barbecue and Sour cream and onion."

"Hmm hand it over."

"I don't know why you like these salty chips."

"Ver. Dewicois. Wrust me," he says gulping down the bag.