Chapter Eight: Snake

I think I see recognition in his eye, but it disappears instantly. I thought he was dead the way the rest of the gang had talked about him disappearing. How can this be?

Luke looks at me with a smirk saying, "No, I'm Luke."

Is he seriously acting like I don't recognize him? No matter how much he changes his appearance, I would know my best friend when I see him. He can change his name all he wants to.

As I look out into the sea of faces, Kristina comes up and hands me a microphone. As I take the microphone, I feel my body become stiff with nerves. I look at Luke waiting for the song to begin.

Seeing the nerves in my face, Luke brings me in for a hug and whispers in my ear, "Don't be nervous. You'll do great."

I nod my head into his shoulder. As he pulls away, Michael starts playing the intro to "Amnesia." I look at the girls to find them staring at me eyes moving between me and Luke. I guess Luke noticed due to the chuckles coming from behind me. Nonetheless, when it comes time for her to sing with Calum, Kristina comes in on beat still staring at me.

------

As I sing the last of the song with Luke, I see him staring at me from the corner of my eye. When the song ends, the entire stadium erupts in screams. As the boys thank the fans for coming and wish them safe travels, the girls and I walk off backstage and wait for the boys.

I'm zoning out when Claudia asks, "What was that?"

I ask confused, "What was what?"

"What was with Luke hugging you and whispering in your ear?" she replies incredulously.

As the other girls turn to look at me, I respond, "Oh! I was nervous, so he told me not to be and that I was going to do great. The hug, I think, was to cover up the fact that he was whispering to me."

As I finish, we hear, "Man, I'm STARVING!"

We turn to see the boys come running out of the tunnel and to the table set up with food. I walk over to the table as my stomach starts growling. The boys stare wide-eyed as I gulf down three sandwiches right there.

"Dang," the boys say in sync.

I laugh as I walk away to sit down on the couch in the corner. I start to feel the ache in my shoulder as I sit down. I completely forgot about the wound. I need my pain relievers.

"Kristina, where are my pain relievers?" I ask across the room.

"They are right here. You need me to get you some water?" she responds.

Michael, Calum, and Ashton look at the girls asking, "Why does she need pain killers?"

I look down at my hands praying they don't tell the boys what happened. I don't want them worrying about me. Please, don't tell them.

"She's got a shoulder wound that's bad enough for them," Kristina says as she walks over and hands me the water and pills.

I swallow the pills and chug the water as Luke comes over and sits beside me. The pain starts to subside a few minutes after taking the pills. As I feel my muscles relax, I look up at everyone to find them all looking at me worried.

I shrug it off saying, "Ya'll, I'm fine, the pains almost gone."

Kristina is the one to break the silence, "Well, 5SOS, allow us to introduce ourselves. I'm Kristina."

"I'm Claudia," Claudia says smiling.

"Elizabeth," Elizabeth says shyly.

"Tessa," I say laying down on the white couch and propping up my feet on the back of it.