Chapter Six: Traveling

As I'm packing the last essentials into my suitcase, I wince at the pain in my back about mid-shoulder blade. Yesterday, when I came back to, I was in a hospital bed being discharged. Turns out that Peter missed his mark. The wound was meant to kill, but the blade went through the tiny gap between my lung and heart. Kristina told me that Sebastian and his gang got arrested for possession of drugs. Before the girls took me home, we made sure I was still fit to travel. The doctor said I was as long as I took it easy. Before I take anything for the pain, I lug my suitcases downstairs to the foyer.

As I swallow the prescription pain killer, the doorbell rings. I open the door to find Claudia, Elizabeth, Kristina, and a taxi driver on my porch.

"What is going on? We aren't suppose to leave for two more hours," I say confused.

Kristina explains, "We know, but we had to get a taxi to get here, therefore; we thought it would be a good idea to pay him extra to stay."

I let them in and allow the driver to take my bags to the taxi. Elizabeth and Claudia walk into the living room to watch E! News, and Kristina and I head to the kitchen where she sees the pain killers on the counter.

Kristina asks concerned, "Has your back really been hurting you that bad?"

"Why do you ask it like that? You're making it sound like it shouldn't hurt at all," I reply offended.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. I know that you would have to be hurting really bad to take pain killers," Kristina explains. "When did you take these?"

Feeling bad for snapping at her, I reply, "I'm sorry for going off on you, chickadee. To answer your question though, yes, it has been hurting me, and I took the pills right as you girls got here. It started hurting me while I was packing, and I brought my suitcase down here before I took anything."

On that last part, Elizabeth and Claudia walk in the room. Now, everyone's staring at me like I'm an idiot. Now that I say it out loud, I'm feeling like an idiot too. I watch Elizabeth look at the pill bottle grimacing. Next thing I know, Claudia is behind me pulling up my shirt. I know it isn't good when I hear a loud intake of air behind me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Um," Claudia replies, "the wound has bled through the gauze, and the blood is pouring down your back."

"WHAT!?!" I yell.
Kristina comes in front of me saying, "Tessa, calm down, I have dealt with situations like these before. Now, I need you to tell me where your mom keeps her old sewing kit, and where the extra gauze is."

"The gauze is in my bedside table, I forgot to pack it, and the sewing kit is in her closet by the door right side," I reply.

As Kristina walks off, I head to the bathroom. After I get in position for Kristina to have easy access to my wound, all three girls walk in carrying the sewing kit, peroxide, and gauze. This is going to hurt.

--------

It has been an hour and a half since Kristina started fixing my wound, and she's finally done. I have never felt that much pain in a long time. It makes me happy I was asleep when the doctors sewed it up. I slide off the counter and head upstairs to find another shirt.

When I come back down, I find Kristina carrying another suitcase out to the taxi. As I walk into the living room, Elizabeth and Claudia tell me that Kristina packed everything she would need if my wound split open again which explains what was in the suitcase.

As E! News goes off, we are heading toward the door to leave. I'm so excited until I look out the window to find my mom coming up the walkway. Ugh.

"Girls, when we open this door, we have to take off running. I'm not listening to my mom's crap today. Are ya'll ok with that?" I say as we get to the door.

They nod as I open the door, and we run for the taxi like there's a bomb.

"Bye, Mom, call you later!" I yell as I slam the taxi door.

"STEP ON IT!" Claudia and I scream as we see my mom running at the taxi.

With that, the driver gasses it, and we are headed to the airport.

--------

We are getting off the plane after a twelve hour flight to L.A.. As we exit the gate and claim our luggage, we see a man wearing a business suit holding a sign with our names on it. Kristina, Elizabeth, and Claudia each grab one of my bags for me against my protests, and we follow the man to a black van. As we pile into the backseat, our driver chunks our luggage in the back hatch.

-------

As we arrive at the Ritz-Carlton, we see a mob of girls screaming for 5SOS. The girls and I can't help but watch as the members of 5SOS walk out on a balcony five floors up. We start taking pictures along with the rest of the fans as our driver ushers us through the mob into the hotel.

"Wait a minute," I say.

"Isn't this..." Kristina chimes in.
"The same..." Elizabeth adds.

"Hotel as..." Claudia finishes.

It hits us all as we scream, "WE'RE STAYING IN THE SAME HOTEL AS 5SOS!"

Sorry for the wait guys, but here it is. 5SOS is coming in the next chapter. I really want you guys thoughts on the book, so comment and tell me what you think.