Chapter Two: The Video

The next day, I wake up around one in the afternoon and go downstairs to the kitchen to eat. Looking at the clock, I realize I have three and a half hours to get ready and meet the girls at the park. I run upstairs to my bathroom to take a twenty minute shower. When I'm done brushing my hair out, I decide to let it air-dry while I pick out an outfit. After picking out my outfit, I blow-dry my hair the rest of the way and put it in a bun before getting dressed. I have decided to dress in my usual attire for the video which I know the girls aren't going to like but who cares my body my clothes. I'm wearing a loose black tank top that says: I LOST MY HEART IN THE MUSIC, ripped skinny jeans, and black, combat boots. I go bold with my make up: foundation, blush, a smokey eye effect, eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick. Jewelry is simple: dog tags, ponytails as bracelets, and rings. When I'm done getting dressed, I let my stick straight hair down letting it cascade down my back, and I'm done getting ready. I look at the clock to see how much time I have left before my mom gets home. The clock reads 3:05, so I have twenty-five minutes before my mom gets home.

Well, I guess that means it's time to go.

I hop into my Corolla and drive to the park to set up. When I'm done, I have an hour to spare, therefore; I lay down on a bench playing "Crossy Roads" on my phone. As I start to call the girls, my mom calls me. On the phone:

Me: Hello, Mom.

Mom: How dare you leave this house without letting me know! I was worried sick!

Me: Sorry?

Mom: Where are you?

Me: Meeting some friends to do a cover of "Amnesia."

Mom: Oh yeah, you are entering the contest for 5SOS. You'll never get picked. You all suck, so just give it up.

Me: You know what, Mom?! I don't care because I believe in myself enough to do this. I just wish my mother did too!

Mom: Don't you get that tone with me, young lady!

Me: Mom, screw what you think! Bye!

(Call ends)

As I end the call, the girls pull up. Looking at their outfits, I'm surprised to find them wearing T-shirts and jeans. I expected them to be dressed up. When they see me, they can tall I'm pissed.

Elizabeth and Claudia know how I am when I'm angry like this, so they leave me alone. Kristina, on the other hand, walks over to me. She take in what I'm wearing with a grimace. I look up at her and expect her to try and calm me down. She's the only one that knows how much my mom and I don't get along. I open my mouth to tell her I'm fine, but she stops me.

"What happened this time?" she asks me calmly.

"The usual 'You suck and will never amount to anything' crap she tries to feed me." I reply punching a tree.

Kristina looks at the tree then at me saying, "Well, this is how I see it. One, you can't take your anger out on the tree. It did nothing to you. Two, forget about what your mom says. She's a jerk. Lastly, get this video done, win the contest, and show your mom whose boss."

"Yeah, that hurt like heck," I reply rubbing my hand. "You're right, let's get this party started, girls!"

--------

Claudia, Elizabeth, and I all sit in front of the camera smiling as Kristina presses the record button on the camera. We are sitting from tallest to shortest. She runs to sit with us on the grass, and we begin the video by introducing ourselves.

Claudia starts, "Hey, 5 Seconds of Summer! I'm Claudia Moon!"

Elizabeth goes second, "Hey, 5SOS! I'm Elizabeth Manson!"

Kristina goes third, "Hey, 5 Seconds of Summer! I'm Kristina Shock!"

I went last, "Hey, guys! I'm Tessa Black! We are doing a cover of your song, 'Amnesia.' Hope you guys enjoy it!" I start strumming the chords beginning the song.

{Kristina}
I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted
I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted
And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?
When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

{Tessa}
'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all

{Claudia}
The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone
And all my friends are asking why I'm not around

It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long

It's like we never happened, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

{Elizabeth}
'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

{Claudia}
If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream
I'd hold you closer than I ever did before
And you'd never slip away
And you'd never hear me say

{All}
I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

{Kristina}
'Cause I'm not fine at all
No, I'm really not fine at all

{Tessa}
Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all

When the song was over, we all scream at the camera, "Bye, guys!"

-------

Later that night, I lay in my bed submitting the video. After I'm done, I get dressed in my fluffy pajamas. As I sleep, I dream about the day I get to meet Luke Hemmings.