Chapter One: The Idea

I'm standing in the corner of the band hall bored as I wait for the bell to ring. My best friends are making out and ignoring me. Since they started dating, it's been like I don't exist. Can anybody say third wheel? I look at the clock and realize that I have ten minutes. About that time, three of my friends walk up staring at an iPad. As I'm about to ask them what they are watching, I hear Luke Hemmings's voice coming from the speakers.

        "Are y'all watching 5SOS videos?" I ask coolly. The three of them look up as the video ends nodding their heads. I walk over getting in the huddle around the iPad. I tap play on the next video, and it's Luke singing "The Fray- You Found Me."

        "He is so hot. I would do anything to meet him," I say having a full on fan girl moment. Don't get me wrong, I love the rest of the boys, but Luke is my favorite.

        RING!

        The final bell rang, and I'm going home. I say bye to the girls promiising to call them later and head toward the parking lot. I chunk my book bag into the backseat as I plop down in the driver's seat. Cranking up my black Toyota Corolla S, I sync my phone to the radio and set my iPod to my 5SOS playlist. I jam out the whole ten minute drive from Arlenville High School to my house. 

        I laid down on my bed with a plate of pizza and a glass of Coke. I set the TV to E! News and turn my radio on to listen for any updates on the 5SOS tour.

-----------

        I'm practicing my giutar skills when I hear 5 Seconds of Summer's song "18." Laying down my guitar, I start dancing and singing along to the song. This is when I hear Ryan Seacrest announce that Luke Hemmings is there with an announcement of his own. I have my ear pressed up to the speaker listening.

        (On the radio)

        Ryan: We have a special guest today, you guys. Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer is here. Hiya, Luke, how are you?

        Luke: Hey, Ryan. I'm doing fine. How 'bout you?

        Ryan: I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking. So, Luke, you told me you had an announcement for all the 5SOS fans out there?

        Luke: Yes, I did. To all you fans out there, my band mates and I want to thank you for always being there for us and supporting us. So, we have set up a small contest in which the winner will recieve front row tickets and backstage passes to our next concert. All you have to do is make a video of you doing a cover of any song and send it to us on Twitter. The deadline for the videos to be posted is December 14th. 

        Ryan: It was great having you here, Luke.

        Luke: I had fun. 

        Ryan: Now here's another song by 5SOS, "Amnesia."

        (Interview ends)

        I pick up my phone to call Kristina, Elizabeth, and CLaudia when they all call me. On the phone:

        Kristina, Elizabeth, Claudia: DID YOU HEAR THE ANNOUNCEMENT?!

        Me: That depends. Are you talking about the 5SOS contest?

        Kristina, Elizabeth, Claudia: YES!!

        Me: Then yes, I did! I believe we should do a cover for the contest.

        Elizabeth: That's a great idea, but we'll never get picked.

        Kristina, Claudia: *sarcastic* Love the positive attitude, Elizabeth.

        Me: There's only one way to find out if we will or won't, and that is to do it. What's the harm in it if we get to have fun doing what we love? Singing and dancing is what we do best.

        Elizabeth: Fine, I'm in.

        Kristina, Claudia, Me: YAY!!!

        Me: So, what song are we going to sing?

        Kristina: We should do a song that we all love by them.

        All together: "Amnesia!"

        Claudia: Okay, we're doing "Amnesia." When and where?

    Me: I think we should do it at the park across from the school around five in the afternoon tomorrow. I mean, since we got five days to get the video made and sent. I'll bring the camera.

       Kristina: I'm ok with doing it at the park.

      Claudia: Me too.

      Elizabeth: Me three.

     Me: So, it's settled. We're doing the cover of "Amnesia" in the park tomorrow at five.

     Kristina, Claudia, Elizabeth: Sounds like a plan!

    Me: Well, bye, guys.

    Kristina, Claudia, Elizabeth: See ya, chick!

        (Call ends)

***********

        Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I'll try to update every few days. I hope you guys like this story.