Southside High

╔════════════════╗

Southside High

written: 17th of March 2021

╚════════════════╝

Since Fred Andrews had returned home I hadn't really talked to any of the main four. I knew Archie was struggling but he had Veronica. Although, word around town is that Veronica's daddy dearest was back and out of prison. Jughead's main focus was of course on his dad which I couldn't blame him for. It just put some distance between all of us. Not to mention that three days after the whole kiss with Reggie I caught him buying drugs off some lowlife not far from where the old drive in was. Reggie and I got into a huge fight about it ending with me slapping him in the face.

Word of Reggie's purchases got back to Julio who gave me a lecture about how I need to stay away from that kind of thing. Especially when it came to the Ghoulies, the other southside gang. So in efforts to keep me away from any riff raff that he deemed unfit for me he put me to work at the Wyrm. It was there that I met Toni Topaz. Toni was born into the Serpent life just like Julio and I were. She was spunky and understanding. For the first time I felt like I finally had a female friend. Julio made the two of us work the bar together while I got used to everything, Toni often talked about her photography and I shared with her my drawing, even the one of my eventual tattoo; the two head snake woven around the stem of a rose.

Today when Julio came back into the Wyrm to do work upstairs in the office he seemed angry. Toni and I both noticed his actions. I grabbed his usual beer before leaving Toni to tend the bar. I walked up to the office knocking briefly before letting myself in. Julio was running his hand through his hair and when he turned on his heel to face me the look in his eyes was the one I always remember seeing in my dad's when he would yell at Julio for not watching me when we were younger. "What happened?" Julio scoffed as he unnecessarily snatched the beer can from my hands. "What's wrong is Jones went to see the damn snake charmer. He owes her a favor." The crack of the opening beer can nearly made me want to flinch. I was supposed to be looking out for Jughead.

"I'll talk to Jughead at school tomorrow. Last thing we need is for her to be slithering around. I talked Toni into taking Jughead under her wing." I rubbed my hands over the dark jean material of my shorts. Julio looked at me, having calmed down just a bit, as he leaned back against the desk. "I know this is going to be one of the first full days for you there so just be careful." I smiled at my brother and tilted my head to the side. "Someone taught me how to fight before I even got to highschool. I think I can manage." Julio shook his head as a soft chuckle reached my ears.

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

I arrived at Southside High early so I could scout out the place, locate the Serpent hangouts, the important things I would need to know. The last time I was here it was mainly just at the cafeteria but the whole school seemed different now. I stood with Toni after getting through the metal detectors. She of course was waiting for Jughead. I was going to keep waiting with her but I decided to go meet some of the other Serpents. Toni directed me to the cafeteria where I would find them. I walked up to a table where a few teens stood or sat around in Serpent jackets, or their tattoos on display. My eyes scanned the group till my eyes landed on a familiar face. I walked over towards the teen man sitting at a table. "Hey, you used to hang out with Joaquin didn't you?" I gently nudged him before leaning my hip against the edge of the table.