Serpents Vs Bulldogs

╔════════════════╗

Serpents vs. Bulldogs

written: 22nd of March 2021

╚════════════════╝

The next morning Jughead approached me with the offer to join the mystery gang and try to crack the coded message Betty had received from the Black Hood, but I declined wanting to spend my evening with Sweets and Fangs rather than remembering the darkness that lurked around the town just for a bit longer. I gave permission for Jughead to tell Betty about my letter since Nancy Drew was probably on her way to trying to solve who was under the hood just as much as Sherlock Holmes was.

After school I hopped on the back of Sweet's bike to stop at the trailer park to drop off our things before we hung out around the Southside. Fangs and Sweets took turns telling me stories from their childhood. Apparently Fangs admired my brother, everyone knew it was in more of a crush way but no one was admitting it aloud. Sweets pretty much lived alone, his mom wasn't around much and his dad died serving in the army, that's why he wears the dogtags. It was actually after his old man passed that Sweets went through with initiation to be a Serpent. We met up with another one of Sweets and Fangs' friend, and fellow Serpent, Rocky. The four of us headed towards the convenient store to grab some snacks and drinks since it was now dark out. Julio called me once right at the sun was setting and Sweets had answered my phone.

"Princesa Rosa can not come to the phone right now." He chuckled standing up to full height so I couldn't reach the phone.

"Sweet Pea give me my phone you moose!" I laughed trying to get it from the giant.

"Oh hey Julio. Yeah she's with me. Fangs and I were taking her around the Southside but we're on the way to meet up with Rocky. Yeah I got her, don't worry." Sweet Pea smirked as he ruffled my hair before ending the call and handing back my phone.

"I hate you." I pouted slightly which just made a grin appear on the taller Serpent's face. "Sure you do petal." Sweets swung his arm around my shoulder making it hard for me not to smile.

Rocky was doing a very bad impression of what Sweet Pea when we exited the store. The three off us laughed, Pea pushing Rocky out first followed by Fangs and then him and myself since he wanted to put me between him and Fangs at all time now that it was dark out. Rocky turned to lead the way to our next destination where we saw someone near the ally, a spray can in hand as he tagged the building.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" Sweet's called out in his deep voice as he gently nudged me a bit more towards Fangs. I glanced between the two males, technically all three of them were taller than me so I could easily hide behind them, but Fangs stood up straighter and reached for my arm to keep me close. As the tree of them, with me trailing behind, approached the person, Sweets of course leading.

"Back off." My head fell back at the recognition of Archie Andrews voice. "Shit." I breathed out "I'm not here for you." I moved to stand next to Fangs fully intended to step in to stop a fight if need be. "Oh yeah? Then who's this message for, huh?" Sweet Pea was next to Archie now and his temper was fired up and ready to go. The tall Serpent reached out grabbing the spray paint from Archie, turning him around in the process to face the four of us, although it looked like three because Sweet Pea blocked me from view. Archie shoved the hand off of him which caused both Pea and I to take a small step back.