Part 13

HE NEXT MORNING AT NICK'S APARTMENT:

Nick opened his eyes and stretched then his eyes focused on the woman sleeping in his arms on the couch next to him. "Ellie?" Nick surprisingly said as he fell off the couch to the floor.

"Nick!? What's going on?" Bishop asked as she sat up and then helped him up.

"I guess we fell asleep last night..." Nick said as he and Bishop sat next to each other.

"Together..." Bishop blushed. "Let's not tell anyone about this, okay?" Bishop said.

"Yeah of course not, Tim would get the wrong idea and things would get like all weird at work if two coworkers started dating. Oh hey you wanna stay for breakfast?"

"Uh sure, love too. What's on the menu?"

"Well I make a killer omelette." Nick smiled as they walked to the kitchen.

"Good because I love omelettes." Bishop smiled as she nudged Nick. "What are ya putting in them

AT GIBBS' BASEMENT:
Gibbs whistled as he worked on his boat.

"Hi mr Gibbs."

"Oh morning Kelly." Gibbs says, looking up at the little girl still in her nightgown peeking down at him. "Is Kate still sleeping?"

"Yep she is. Is that your boat?"

"Yeah, you wanna see it up close?"

"Uh huh." Kelly nodded as she walked down the stairs. "Can I touch it?"

"Of course Kel." Gibbs smiled as she ducked under the boat.

"How long did it take to make it?" Her muffled voice asked, walking the length of the upside down boat still underneath it.

"Well I just finished the body, so I'd say about three months so far."

"Wow that's a long time."

"Maybe." Gibbs shrugged.

"Ow!" Kelly yelled.

"Kelly are you okay?" Gibbs asked her as she came out from under the boat.

Kelly shook her head with her finger in her mouth.

"Oh ya got a splinter from the boat." Gibbs asked as he led her to the workbench and sat her on the top of it.

"Uh huh." Kelly nodded, swinging her legs a little.

Gibbs took out a first aid kit from the shelf then said. "If you want me to take a look, you gotta get your finger out of your mouth."

"Okay..." Kelly did as she was told. "Is this gonna hurt?"

"It could but only for a second." Gibbs said as he took a pair of tweezers out of the first aid box.

"Okay." Kelly put her small hand in Gibbs' open palm and shut her eyes tightly.

Gibbs gently pulled the splinter out and then put a bandaid on her finger.

"Did ya do it?" Kelly asked, slightly opening one eye.

"Yep." Gibbs smiled.

"Thank you mr Gibbs." Kelly said as she hugged his neck.

"Anything for you, princess." He said hugging her.

A FEW MINUTES LATER IN GIBBS' KITCHEN:

"Okay Kelly go head and put in the bacon." Gibbs said as he put the casserole dish on the counter.

"Okay!" She said, tipping the bowl of bacon bits on the top of the mac'n cheese.

"Great job, now spread it around." He said, handing Kelly a wooden spoon.