Part 6

IN GIBBS' CAR:

"So who's Tobias?"

"He's an old friend."

"I guess that explains your reaction... but why was he following uncle Jesse?"

"He's P.I." Gibbs answered as he pulled into Fornell's driveway.

"Really? Then she said. "But uncle Jesse was a good guy."

"Yeah, stay here." Gibbs says, getting out of the car and walking to the garage. "Tobias! You in there?"

"Yeah hey Gibbs how's it going?" Fornell says opening the garage door. "What brings you to my office?"

"Ya know these people?" Gibbs says, showing the picture for Gray to Fornell.

"Yeah it was for a job and I took that picture, Why Gibbs?"

"Why? Because he's dead, murdered this morning."

"That's crazy, do you guys know why?"

"No that's why we're here."

"Hey! I told you to wait in the car." Gibbs said, looking at Kate.

"And I thought Bishop looks young, NCIS agents keep getting younger and younger."

Gibbs looked frustrated. "This is Kate, she's helping me out on this one."

"Well nice to meet you Kate." Fornell put out his hand to Kate.

"You too." She said, looking suspiciously , shaking Fornell's hand.

"Well can I have your files?"

"Uh yeah sure Gibbs, there over here." Fornell said, walking deeper into the garage with Gibbs and Kate following him. "Yeah it's not really a lot, but hey you should check out the Marine recruitment office on 5th street, they wanted me to follow him..."

"But that's where uncle Jesse worked?!"

"Did they tell you why you were following him?"

"Not really, something about him stealing some info and paperwork or something."

"But why come to you and not NCIS?" Gibbs said as he looked though the box.

"The Corporal that I talked to said he wanted things off the books."

The door from the house to the garage opened and a young woman with red hair walked out, saying. "Dad, we need to get going!"

"Okay Emily, I'll be right there. I'm just helping Gibbs real quick."

"Oh hey uncle Gibbs."

"Hey Emily, how's it going?"

"I'm good, how about you?"

"Gibbs, should I take this box to the car?" Kate asked.

"Yeah go ahead I'll get this one."

"Okay." Kate said as she walked back to the car with the box.

"So who's she?" Emily asked bluntly.

"She's Kate and she's helping investigate." Gibbs said, picking up a box and walking to the car.

"Dad! We are going to be late! Come on!" Emily said, walking back into the house.

"Okay, okay." Fornell said, following her.

"So now what? Do we go to the recruiter?" Kate asked as she sat in the passenger front seat.

"Nope." Gibbs said, starting the car.