Part 15

By the time Gibbs got the girls to his house it was evening, so he made dinner and they ate. Afterwards Kate and Kelly went upstairs and got ready for bed.

Gibbs walked to the basement door, opened it and walked down the stairs to his boat. He ran his hand over the boat and looked closely at it, he was deep in thought.

The top step squeaked, without looking up Gibbs said. "Are you all ready for bed, Kelly?"

She giggled. "How did you know it was me?"

Gibbs smiled. "Well I do solve crime for a living."

"Whoa you're good." Kelly looked amazed at Gibbs.

Gibbs smiled as Kelly walked down the stairs. "I'll come and tuck you in, is Kate ready for bed too?" He asked.

"Uh huh." Kelly nodded. "Me and Katie just brushed our teeth and she's in bed."

"Okay." Gibbs says as he puts his sandpaper on the workbench and walks to Kelly. "Let's get you to bed too."

"Okay Mr Gibbs." Kelly says, grabbing Gibbs' hand and said. "Me and Tori are best friends now."

"Oh really?" Gibbs asked as they walked out of the basement and to the bedrooms.

"Yeah she's funny and nice." Kelly smiled.

Just then they hear something fall from upstairs.

"Ahh!" Kelly screams and hugs Gibbs and tightly holds on to his shirt. "He knows where we are! He's gonna hurt us!"

Gibbs picks Kelly up and gently strokes her head, trying to calm her down. "Oh Princess, he doesn't know you are here with me, but if he somehow did, I'd protect you and Kate no matter what."

"Really?" Kelly looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, really." Gibbs says as he wipes away a tear from her cheek.

"You promise? Like cross your heart?"

"Yeah I promise." Gibbs said, crossing his heart.

"Okay." Kelly smiled slightly.

"Come on now, let's get you to bed." Gibbs said, carrying Kelly to the guest bedroom.

"I thought I heard a scream. Everything okay?" Kate asked, standing in the doorway.

"Yeah I think so. Right Kelly?" Gibbs asks, putting her on the bed.

"Uh huh." Kelly nodded, "I got scared because I thought the scary guy found us."

"But he can't." Gibbs says as he lays the blanket on Kelly, hands lord Fluffton to her and kisses her on the forehead. "And he won't."

Kate walked back to bed and got into bed too and said. "Good night Gibbs."

"Yeah good night Mr Gibbs." Kelly smiled.

"Good night girls and sweet dreams." Gibbs smiled as he turned off the light and left the room.

Gibbs walked down the stairs, made some coffee then sat on the couch and grabbed his phone and called Jack.

AT JACK'S HOUSE:

Jack was sitting in bed petting her cat when her phone rang.

"Oh hey Cowboy! What's up?" She said, smiling.

"Hey Jack, it's all good here, I got the girls to bed." Gibbs said.

"Okay, and?" Jack laughed.

"And what?" Gibbs answered.