Chapter 24: Pain? It Should Only Be Temporary

*Third Person POV*

Soyoung and Misora walked leisurely through the bustle of the city. Exams were over and so were classes... until next semester that is.

"Misora!" Soyoung called suddenly, "There! We have to go there!" Misora followed the direction of her friend's pointed finger with her gaze.

"A cake shop?" Misora said, confusion threaded through her tone.

"It's almost Christmas and then it's the New Year!" Soyoung said buzzing with excitment, "We need to stock up on cakes!"

"Like cakes to give people or cakes to eat?" Misora tried to confirm.

"Either, neither!" Soyoung blurted, "I want some!"

Misora raised her eyebrows in amusement, "Cake fetish much."

"Whatever are you talking about?" Soyoung huffed. "Cake fetish? Me?"

"Yeah, yeah," Misora felt a rare small smile grace her lips, "Let's go in."

Soyoung grabbed Misora's arm and hugged it suddenly, "Thank you!"

The two entered the warm, cozy score and Soyoung immediately pressed her nose up against the class cases that held the sweet treats.

"Misora! Look! Look!" Soyoung shrieked.

Misora looked over in curiosity and saw Infinite's logo iced perfectly onto a white, delicious looking cake. "They sell these things?"

"We should buy one to celebrate with them after their comeback," Soyoung suggested, "It is a week away after all!"

Misora didn't say anything and wandered away leaving Soyoung wondering what had gotten into her friend.

***

Misora swished her long, black hair over her shoulder, adjusting her red scarf, "Well Soyoung, I need to go this way so I'll see you later." Misora gestured to the street leading off the main road.

Soyoung nodded with a cheerful smile, "Mhm sure. See you." She couldn't wave goodbye as her hands were full with plastic bags with cakes in them but Misora was sure Soyoung was waving goodbye to her mentally.

As the two parted ways Misora let out a sigh, watching her breath form a frosty cloud in the cold, late afternoon air. Putting on a friendly demeanor like nothing was wrong really took a lot out of you. It was a good thing Misora had practiced and used it many times before.

It had been a week since Misora had decided to start fixing her problems herself. She hadn't spoken with any of the Infinite members since that night and constantly received calls from either Sungjong, L or Woohyun.

The green eyed girl hardened her heart as she drew closer to her home. Ren's home. From far away she could see the neon red spray paint gracing her front door and Misora clenched her fist. How dare they do that to the Choi family's house.

Upon closer inspection, she frowned at the unsightly poem messily sprayed over the door.

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

If you even so much as speak to Sungjong

I'll boil you alive, then hack off your head, feed your limbs to my fish, then bury you under piles of dog sh*t.

"Beautifully poetic," Misora muttered to herself sarcastically. Going around to the back of the house she retrieved a can of half used paint. "Let's see," she counted to herself in her head, "This is the twentieth one this week."