Chapter 25: Counting Down

*Misora POV*

Sungjong's hand lingered on my cheek as he pulled away, opening his eyes to reveal his beautiful, brown irises. "In seven days I expect to see you in the crowd, cheering for me  at the top of your voice."

I wordlessly nodded as he stood up and gave me a little wave, "I've got to get back to practice or hyung will be mad at me."

As he turned to leave, my hand shot up gripping his wrist as I got back on my feet, "...Why did you come to find me?"

Sungjong chuckled and gave me a loving smile, his eyes filling with adoration, "Well that answer should be obvious of course. Every second I spent wondering why you didn't want to see me was every second that you continued on, not relying on anyone, your unspoken problems weighing the mass of the world on your shoulders."

I felt my breath catch and he leaned in pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. "I'll see you soon."

Sungjong jogged away leaving me holding the hand that held his wrist close to my chest. The parts of my skin he graced with his touch were still tingling. My heart was thumping rapidly in my ears. I wanted to run after him and hold his warm hand again. Instead I shook myself out of it, a furious heat creeping up my neck.

"He seriously never used to be able to make me feel like this," I mumbled to myself, slowly making my way back to my house.

***

My phone rang it's familiar ringtone as I stared up at the ceiling unable to comprehend what happened today.

"Sungjong loves me," I murmured to myself as my hand fumbled in the general direction of my phone.

My fingers managed to find it and I answered the call without checking the caller I.D.

"Hello?"

"Hey Misora? How've you been?" A voice distorted through my speaker yet still familiar said.

"Chris?" I sat up, "How much is this call costing you?"

I could imagine Chris smirking smugly all the way over in New Zealand, "I got a plan. 60 minutes to whatever country."

"I hope whatever you paid is worth it," I said with a small smile.

"Of course it's worth it. I'm able to talk to you after all." Chris said. "We are friends right?"

"Yeah," I sighed.

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing," Chris said in a feigned hurt tone.

I apologized and then said in a brighter tone, "Yea, we're friends."

"Out of the acquaintance zone!" Chris joked.

"So," I raked my hair away from my face with my fingers, "What did you want to talk about?"

Chris was silent for a few seconds, "So you and Lee Sungjong all good?"

I nearly laughed, "I haven't talked to you in who knows how long and you want to talk about my love life? If you really want... good I guess. We're good."

"That's a relief, there are speculations all over Infinite's fancafe about you. Good thing all they know is your name."

I felt a pinch of dread settle somewhere in my heart. "Yeah... yeah."

Chris didn't seem to notice anything wrong, "And their comeback is soon isn't it? A couple days before Christmas. Exciting? You and Sungjong spending enough time together?"

I cleared my throat, "Totally, we're getting along better than ever."

"That's good. If you guys ever broke up, talk about awkward," Chris teased.