Chapter 1: I'd like for us to be friends

"Life advice for you. Never make promises because you'll never be able to keep them. Now why don't you get the hell out of my life so I'll never have to see you again?!" -Akemi Misora

"Even when I hit rock-bottom I still didnt give up... maybe not giving up was a mistake. If there is a miracle that can be reached by fighting to the end, then I want to see it." -Lee Sungjong

(2002)

Sungjong fiddled nervously with his stationary placed orderly on his desk. Sunlight streamed through the window as the other students slowly started to arrive. Sungjong's first day at Donghae Primary was about to begin. The other 3rd graders had already settled into "friendship groups," and Sungjong being the shy boy he was, couldn't muster up the courage to join a conversation or introduce himself for that matter.

The teacher clapped her hands together as she strode into the classroom, "Everyone we have a new transfer student today." She gestured to Sungjong sitting at the usually empty seat in the middle of the class. "His name is Lee Sungjong, I hope you treat him nicely. Sungjong, I'm Ms. Park if you need anything ask the people around you, I'm sure they'll help."

Sungjong nodded timidly and the teacher smiled in approval.

"We'll do maths first!" Ms. Park said happily.

Everyone groaned and proceeded to pull exercise books out of their desks. As Ms. Park turned to write equations down on the board, Sungjong noticed the door quietly sliding open. A slim girl slipped in through the small gap and closed the door with a soft click behind her. Her uniform hung loosely on her, probably a few sizes too big so she could grow into it and a cheeky grin was plastered on her milky, white skin. Many of the pupils turned to look her way, waving and quietly giggling. She shot them all a look and signalled for them to be quiet.

"Ms. Park?" A mischievous looking boy called out, leaning on the two back legs of his chair.

"Yes MinKi?" Ms. Park turned around. "Don't do that, you'll hurt yourself."

With lightning fast reflexes and before the teacher could spot her, the girl turned and walked calmly towards the door.

"Misora, where do you think you're going? Sit down," Ms Park sighed.

"Yes Ms," Misora said seriously trying to hide the laughter in her eyes.

***

"Class dismissed for interval," Ms Park gave everyone a smile. The whole classroom erupted into chatter and laughter as Sungjong sat there silently hiding his eyes under his long bowl haircut.

"Hello?" A light feminine voice chimed from beside him. "I'm Akemi Misora. Most people ask why my name is Japanese when I live in Korea but that's because my parents didn't want to change it when we moved here. How about you? What's your name?"

"Lee Sungjong," Sungjong said quietly.

"Sungjong," Misora smiled widely, "I'd like for us to be friends, is that okay?"

Sungjong showed a small hint of a smile, "Okay."

The girl gave Sungjong an eye smile and ruffled his hair, smiling even more in admiration when her small hand came in contact with the black strands, "Your hair is so soft. I could play with it all day."

"Thanks, I guess," Sungjong smiled awkwardly. "I like your hair too."

"Really? Thanks," Misora held up a strand of her black hair, "It's quite normal and not even that long but if you like it then there must be something good about it, right?"

"Mm," Sungjong nodded in agreement. As he looked at the lively girl again his eyes locked onto her bright, shining ones and they both smiled in awe.

"I like your eyes!" Misora leaned in for a closer look, "They're so pretty."

"You're one to talk," Sungjong scoffed. Misora's unusual green eyes shone with happiness and she grinned happily.

"Misora!" A boy with black hair and a bright smile approached them. "Nearly got you caught today, that same trick won't work twice."

"MinKi! You know how hard I work to always arrive on time!" Misora feigned annoyance.

"Which you never actually do," he flicked Misora on her forehead lightly.

"Aren't you nice?" Misora pushed him away playfully.

MinKi noticed Sungjong and introduced himself politely, "I'm Choi MinKi, nice to meet you Sungjong."

"Nice to meet you too," Sungjong replied.

"Sung-jong-ie!" Misora enunciated each syllable precisely, "Do you want to hang out with us as well during lunch?"

Sungjong gave a wide genuine smile, "Can I really?"

"Of course!" Misora gave him a cheerful "thumbs up".

Sungjong knew he was an awkward boy and sometimes clumsy, most people couldn't put up with him but his mum had told him before he started school at Donghae, "You'll find someone this time."

Unfortunately the main reason why he had transferred was because he couldn't make a friend that would stay with him. Eventually they all drifted away and all humans get lonely, right? Sungjong didn't know what he was doing wrong but he was determined this time and maybe Akemi Misora would stay with him, even when everyone would laugh immaturely at a girl and guy being good friends. Maybe finally, he'd be able to make some happy, memorable-worthy, memories at school.

(A/N)

First fanfic! Seems boring doesn't it? Don't worry, it will get better. Please keep reading.

(This is a work of fiction any resemblances to real life, most of the time, are coincidental. I may not own Infinite or any kpop groups but I do own the plot and my OC's. There's a thing called plagarism and guess what? It's a crime. So please, please, please do not copy. I literally spend my time sitting there for ages typing away. If you write as well then I'm sure you know the feeling.)

Enjoy <3

BOOK COVER BY myuver <3