Chapter 5: After So Much Distance

The following day, Misora set out to find the address written on the slip of paper. The sun shone as brightly as it could on a summer’s day and the birds sang as Misora walked casually down the street, her eyes flicking to the number on the mailboxes every now and then.

Her gaze travelled down to the piece of paper in her hand, “Did I pass it?” Misora murmured to herself.

“Miss?” A cute girl around Misora’s age approached her, “Are you okay? You seem lost.”

“Actually, I can’t seem to find this address,” Misora showed her what was written on the paper Ren had given her.

The girl smiled brightly, her brown hair framing her delicate face, “I’m heading that way as well. Do you want to come with me?”

“If that wouldn’t be too much trouble,” Misora said gratefully.

“Not at all,” the girl held out a hand for Misora to shake, “I’m Ryu Hyun Ae.”

Misora shook her hand politely and smiled, “Akemi Misora, nice to meet you.”

***

“This the place you’re looking for?” Hyun Ae gestured to a building surrounded by… girls.

“The address matches but…” Misora bit her lip. “Give me a sec, I need to make a call.”

“Sure,” Hyun Ae shrugged and took out her phone as well.

The call picked up on the third ring and Misora started ranting straight away, “Ren, what is the meaning of this? I do not appreciate your joke.”

Ren chuckled into the speaker, “I suppose you’re standing outside a building surrounded by dozens of girls.”

“…Yeah… and?” Misora said suspiciously.

“Look at that I gotta go,” Ren said. “Aron hyung is telling me to get off my phone and get practicing.”

Misora smiled and said sarcastically, “Practice hard.”

Ren chirped, “You bet I will,” before hanging up.

Misora, examining the excited girls surrounding the building closer, saw that most of them had banners, posters and some were holding parcels.

“What kind of joke is this?” Misora said to no one in particular.

Hyun Ae looked back to Misora and grinned, “I thought you knew, the people who live here are non-other than Infinite.”

“…Infinite…?” Misora recalled her conversation with Ren the previous day.

“You been in touch with Sungjong recently?”

“No, why?” Misora said casually.

“Well, the kid made it big as well, debuted with a group of boys under the name Infinite.”

Misora felt something claw at her heart, “Thanks for the help Hyun Ae-ssi but I think I’ll be taking my leave now.”

“Now? But the boys will be back in a minute,” Hyun Ae cutely grabbed onto Misora’s arm. “Come on, stay why not?”

“In a minute?” Misora tugged her arm out of Hyun Ae’s grip, “Thanks for helping me and all but I really need to go now.”

“Eh?” A male voice sounded from behind her, “Why can’t a pretty girl like you stay?”

“Woohyun oppa!” Hyun Ae said excitedly. “You’re so lucky Misora!”