Chapter 19: Running? But Where To?

*Misora POV*

I stared sadly at Hyun Ae, So Young and Minho. The three friends I had made who didn't have their privacy invaded by crazy fans. Chris stood behind me, a reassuring hand on my shoulder. He's been trying to fill the hole my family left but even he knows he can only block it up temporarily.

"So guys," I smiled at them. "I felt like I should tell you this even if we aren't very close."

"Aren't very close?" So Young shrieked. "You didn't attend lectures for two weeks straight. I was so freaking worried! I consider us close..." So Young fiddled with her fingers. "After all, you're the only one at our university who isn't friends with me because of my money and connections."

"Wait, So Young," I paused. "You're rich?"

"My full name is Lee So Young. I'm Lee Soo Man's daughter." So Young admitted sheepishly. "Most people know and befriend me because I can introduce them to EXO of something. When you had no idea who I was but became my friend even if I was awkward and extremely talkative I was really happy."

I smiled at So Young's sudden shyness but the happiness was gone as soon as it came when I remembered the reason I called them here.

"It was really nice meeting you guys and being able to be friends but," I took a deep breath, "I'm going back to New Zealand."

Minho smiled, unsure of himself, "You're kidding."

I shook my head, unable to look at him in the eye, "About a week ago, Chris here asked if I wanted to take a break from all this," I gestured around me. "I said no because with Ren... I didn't want to leave my adoptive mother by herself but just recently... Mrs Choi passed. It was because of a heart attack. The doctor said that it was from stress and depression that caused the heart failure. She had already been dead for an hour when I found her."

Minho gulped, "That's tragic... When's the memorial?"

"It was yesterday," I replied. "I'm leaving the day after tomorrow."

The shock and pain on their faces struck me deeply but as much as I wanted to comfort them I had no right to.

"It'll only be temporary." I looked at the three desperately. "I'll see you all again."

Hyun Ae who hadn't said a word until now clenched her hand into a fist and spoke up. "So you're running?"

I looked at her straight in the eye, "Can I speak with you alone?"

Hyun Ae nodded at the other two who left with concerned expressions displayed on their features.

"You too Chris," I told the one standing quietly behind me.

"Answer me Misora," Hyun Ae said firmly when we were completely alone.

I answered her with a smile, "Yea."

Hyun Ae searched my eyes deeply with her own, "Why?"

"I already told you about L and I, about how I didn't love him, right?"

Hyun Ae nodded, What does that have to do with it?"

I cursed myself openly, "If I had realized this earlier then maybe things wouldn't have turned out like this."

"What are you talking about?" Hyun Ae demanded an answer while tearing up. Really... I didn't deserve a friend like her.

"Every second I spent with L I felt guilty and I had no idea why. Kind of like promising a good friend that if either of us met the person we fan over we would contact the other immediately. Then you meet your idol and don't contact your friend like you promised. That's how guilty I felt every time I spent time with L." I described the feeling truthfully.