chapter 14

diagon alley

Two weeks before we were to return to Hogwarts, I was sitting on Cedric's bed while he was cleaning his new broomstick his father bought him for his birthday, when a large red bird swooped in over my head. I recognized this bird as Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix.

Miss Knight,

8 Plymouth Drive,

Cedric's bedroom.

"You're joking," I mumbled before seeing that Cedric had a letter identical. I ripped open the letter and read:

Miss Knight,

I am very pleased to tell you, you have been named Head Girl! You and Mr Diggory will lead all Prefects in the upcoming school year. Do remember, you must ride in the Prefect compartment on the Hogwarts Express, when we return on September 1.

                    -- Albus Dumbledore,

                                   Headmaster of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry

"YES!" Cedric beams, looking extremely joyful. "Not only am I now Head Boy, you are Head Girl."

"I- No I'm not. Literally anyone else would be a better fit."

"Obviously Dumbledore doesn't think so," Cedric reasons.

"Head Girl? HEAD GIRL?" Fred roars with laughter. Sarah and Percy gave him a scowl.

"I am very proud of you," Sarah tells me. "Mum and dad will be too."

"Yes, yes. I am also very proud. My time as Head Boy was amazing!"

"You're amazing," Sarah nuzzled his nose.

Fred was going to crack a joke until he saw his twin brother come in, looking worried.

"Pack your things, guys. Mum said we're going to Grimmauld Place tonight, not coming back to The Burrow. You too, y/n, your parents are there now."

"We'll go home," Sarah and Percy stand, then apparate.

"All my things are at Cedric's-"

"He'll be there too, Amos has joined The Order."

Did I mention...You-Know-Who - Voldemort - has returned to kill us all? No? Sorry about that.

I apparated to Cedric's bedroom, finding him mid-packing. He looked tired, his hair was messy, and his eyes were dark. I had been falling asleep before him these past couple of nights, but I didn't believe for a second that he wouldn't be sleeping.

"When's the last time you slept?" I ask, fixing his hair. He puts his face on my shoulder, yawning. "I see," I laugh.

"Do you know?" he asks.

"Yeah. I don't much believe it. I mean, I believe Harry, his nightmares and such, but not, oh I don't know. I don't want him to be back."

"Mmm. Yeah, that's nice. I don't much want the clowns to be back either," Cedric yawns. I chuckle and lie him on his bed.

I continue to pack his things, putting everything into his brown trunk with a very large Hufflepuff sticker on the front. I then feed his owl, and tidy up his room.

I pack my things as well, and set the two trunks in front of the door, so we would be ready to go whenever we needed.

I went home a couple weeks ago, but since dad was an active Order member, they sent me to stay with my friends until I return to Hogwarts.