9

"What are your plans for tonight?" Mark asked out of concern knowing that Y/n had something planned with her brother's today. 

"Oh. Right. Yeah, I have a meeting with my brother's in about an hour." Y/n said reluctantly knowing that Mark would want to stay with her until they both leave. "But you can go home. I have no problem getting home." Y/n said as she sat back down at her desk. 

"Are you sure? I mean I still get paid so it's not really a problem if you want me to stay." Mark said standing in the middle of Y/n's office. He wasn't getting paid, he just wanted  Y/n to get home safely because who knows what'll happen.

"I mean... I- I guess. But you don't-" She stuttered trying to stay calm out of Mark's sudden boost of confidence. He never challenged her.

"Yea its not a problem. I can sit outside." He said with a smile as he took a seat back at his chair by the door opening the book he was reading before.

Y/n let out a shaky sigh as she slowly packed up her things into her bag. Mark noticing that it was time, he got up smoothing out his uniform after getting slightly wrinkled from sitting in his chair. He was "technically" not supposed to sit down, but Y/n suggested it because she would work for extensive periods of time at her desk.

"You ready?" Mark asked as he waited for Y/n's approval for him to open the door. Knowing everyone would be leaving the building at this hour.

"Um yeah..." Y/n said reluctantly as she joined Mark's side.

"Hey it'll be okay. You and your brothers will figure something out okay?" He said placing one of his hands on Y/n's shoulder, causing her to slightly flinch.

"R-Right." Y/n said slightly flustered earning a small chuckle from Mark as he opened the door for both of them.

The hallway didn't have too much commotion, seeming that some people stayed a little while longer since it was a Wednesday. One of the only days that you could work for overtime, unless arranged otherwise by Wilbur. When you and Mark had passed the door to Tommy's office, you heard someone running up behind you calling your name causing you and Mark to quickly turn around.

"Y/N, Y/N! WAIT!"

"Oh thank God it's only tubbo, gee that really scared me." Mark said with a sigh of relief as Tubbo joined you both. There had been a little more paranoia and uneasiness after what was assumed to be your brother Technoblade's doing. Tubbo was catching his breath as you all made your way to the door of the conference room.

"I'll be waiting right here." Mark said with a smile as he opened the door for both you and Tubbo getting a small nod and smile back from both of you.

"Where's Wilbur?" Tubbo asked Tommy as he fidgeted with his fingers, Y/n thinking the same thing.

"I don't know. He should be here at any moment though." Tommy said not even bothering to look up at both of you.

"If he shows up that is..." Tubbo said as you both sat down at your seats of the long oak table.

"What do you mean?" You asked before Tommy could even say anything.

"He seemed almost... angry I'd say." Tubbo said worridly while changing between you and Tommy's gaze. Both of you giving your brother a small hum before hearing the door open.

"Thank you Mark." Wilbur said as Mark opened the door for Wilbur. You and Mark making eye contact, you could tell that even Mark could see something wasn't right about your brother.