20

"Y/n?" you heard as you were shaken awake by someone earning a hum from you as you opened your eyes to see the kitchen light on.

"Oh, sorry Mark..." you finally mumbled out shuffling around a bit on  the couch. "You can go home to rest." you finished as you crossed your arms and leaned back on the couch.

"No, Y/n that's the problem-" He started as he moved to the ottoman in front of you. "We both need to shower, we fell asleep on the couch." He said a little louder to wake you up a little bit more. 

"h-heh?" you said as you opened your eyes to see Mark across of you. His hair all ruffled, with sympathetic eyes as if he had just awoken a puppy trying to read your face.

"Yea. Sorry, you just looked so tired I-" he said worriedly starting to speed up his words before you cut him off. 

"Mark it's fine, thanks for staying." You said with a small smile, Mark returning the smile back to you with a shine in his eyes as a what seemed like a wave of relief rushed over him. His shoulders quickly relaxing, letting out a shaky breath at the same time. 

"Alright I should get going.. I probably smell. Bad." He said standing up from the ottoman and headed towards the door, getting a small chuckle from you. 

You heard a knock on the door as you slipped on your clean, pressed white button up shirt. Putting the second to the last button into the button hole before opening the door not wanting to have whoever was at the door waiting. 

"Good morni-ng." Mark stuttered as he caught a bit of your cleavage as you opened the door. You quickly turned buttoning up the last button to make sure that he didn't see anymore than what he needed to. "Sorry you just- caught me a little off-guard there." He said flustered as he closed the door behind him. 

"Fair." you responded blatantly as you put some bagels in the toaster. "Did you want any?" you said trying to change the subject from that very awkward situation. 

"No thanks." He said shaking his head as he watched you intently making your breakfast, a long lingering silence fell between you two before you decided to ask a question that was on your mind all morning.

"Hey Mark?"

"Yup?" He responded, his eyes bolting up to meet yours.

"What really happened last night?" You asked emphasizing really as you put your bagel into a small container to eat at work since you guys were running a little late today.

"Um... well we basically only cuddled on the couch after Tubbo and Tommy left." He said filing through his memory trying to make sure he gets all the details correct. "which was nice." he whispered with a smile, "and then I set an alarm and went to sleep." He concluded lookign for some sort of response on your face.

"So... we didn't get drunk?" You asked suspicious from past experiences with past hookups and boyfriends. Mark only shaking his head, "and we didn't sleep together?" you asked again as you looked at Mark's face. Disgusted. His face was disgusted.

"wAh?" was all he responded to you with. You could already tell that he wasn't playing no games, and that he was genuinely disgusted about what just came out of your mouth. 

"Ok just making sure, because I don't remember anything from last night." You said headed for the door to start the walk to work with Mark. 

"I- okay.."