Bb

Nessa

"Bye dad," I whispered a third before he squeezed me into our last hug.

"You act like you not gonna see me again," He whispered back returning my sign of affection.

"How long will it be until I see you?" I lifted from his hug seeing his face soften up.

"When the case blows down. We can contact via text and phone calls. I gotta go now though, Maybelline you better take care of my daughter now," He warned my cousin before she nodded her head and he exited out the door.

My father was a police officer, but not the ordinary type. He focused more on cases that had to do with drug dealers, scammers, and any other illegal occupations. Because of that, our family was more at risk.

Each person that he's placed in jail have all gotten the chance to recognize his face and not too long ago, one of those inmates came by the house and did a shootout thinking he was there. Fortunately, he wasn't. Unfortunately, my mother was.

They ended up killing her in the process. I was sad about it for a moment and even shedded a few tears but my emotional recovery was quick due to the fact that we barely even had a relationship to begin with.

After that incident my father decided it was best that I lived across town with my cousin, Maybelline, so I could stay protected.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my cousin and her parents but they lived on a farm and I wasn't the biggest fan of the lil animals they had hanging around.

"We need to get outta here before they try to make us milk the damn cows," May started as she grabbed her purse and belongings off the table.

"Milk the WHO?" I asked with a slight head tilt. "Milk the WHAT?"

"Girl you heard me. They done bought four new cows and horses with they country asses." She picked her keys up and swung her new hair over her shoulder. "YOU COMING?"

Maybelline shared most of her features with her mother but had her dads face shape. She wasn't the typical country girl but had a twist of spice in her appearance, compared to the people who lived around her that were civilized.

"Hell yea i'm coming," I replied quickly before stepping over her to get outside.

"Whoa," May gasped dramatically, gripping her hand on my ass, "YOU FINALLY GOT THICKER!"

I side eyed her for a moment before letting them roll. "I've been thick don't play with me."

"No, not like this," She groped her hands around a little more before turning her grin up into a smile, "Before you were shaped like an air-pod. It was actually kinda scary. It was so bad that I was willing to go bankrupt just to pay for you to get a BBL."

I snatched her hand away from me in dissatisfaction. I knew I use to be flat but I wasn't FLAT-FLAT.

"I'm sorry, it's not my fault yo' shit looked a lil deflated."

"May you just reminded me why you're not my favorite cousin." We made our way into her busted car and got ready for the long drive.

I wasn't sure where we were going but May never fails to surprise me. The last few times I visited she took me to a carnival, the shooting range, and six-flags all on the same day.