Hh

Nessa

My eyes opened widely when I felt a prickle on my face. Above me was Marq who had a disgusted expression. He placed his fingers back above my forehead and plucked it again.

"What the fuck Marquess," I snapped feeling how much it hurt.

"I'm sorry but that pimple on yo' face was bothering the fuck outta me. I been tryna pop that shit for days." He removed his hand and walked off.

I turned over to see that it was 7:02 AM and instantly closed my eyes so I could rest a little more.

May's momma had the roosters wake us up around 5 AM and we couldn't handle that shit so we came over here to finish our beauty sleep.

My eyes locked closed but I could hear every sound that crossed me. There were mumbles here and there and May's snores traveled across the room.

Heavy footsteps crossed my direction then stopped right in front of me. I assumed it was Marq again trying to pop another pimple until the person yanked my leg.

I grabbed onto the couch quickly so I wouldn't slip off while looking up at Jovan, who had his toothbrush in his mouth.

"Why you sleeping like you don't gotta job to get done today?" He dropped my leg, letting it hit the wooden floor and I tried to pretend like it didn't hurt.

"It's SEVEN in the morning."

"Exactly, so get the fuck up and get ready. Swea' i'm tired of Marq opening up the doors to you homeless mother fuckas early in the morning. He must forgot who pay the rent."

I groaned a little and stood to my feet, slowly preparing for my day.

Apparently, Powell likes his appointments early and Jovan didn't want any of us to be late since he wanted to get as much information as he could.

Right after waking me up, he dumped water over May's head and opened up the shades on Kayla's face.

"RISE AND SHINE BITCH, WE GOT BUSINESS TO GET DONE!" He yelled out as he grabbed two pans and beat them against each other.

"I AINT GET NO FUCKING SLEEP CAUSE OF YALL!" He shouted while still slapping the pans heavily together, "YALL NOT GONE GET NO SLEEP CAUSE OF ME"

We all just blinked slowly with our mouths set apart and our eyes dropped. I just knew today was going to be long.

•••

"Okay remember the plan, don't make yourselves seem awkward when I introduce you to him." May shared a look of confidence as Kayla and I nodded our heads.

I took a deep breath feeling the weight of a gun that Jovan tied on the side of my thigh. Kayla had one too, but she seemed more comfortable in this situation than I was.

"You're gonna be okay," She whispered to me seeing how frightened I was becoming.

This whole thing was just odd to me. How one day my father could be dropping me off at my cousins house, and the next day i'm used as a pawn to get intel on so damn dealer.

May opened the office door and we walked in behind her. Powell was turned around in his seat so we couldn't see him.

I could see May open her mouth to let him know she was here until someone across the room screamed, "WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE?"