Yy

Nessa

It's been about three weeks, maybe even a month, since i've been home and everything just feels different. I haven't heard from Tino since the night he was brought to Foster Care and when I begged my dad about adopting him for me he declined my offer and said Tino was "Too much baggage."

I haven't spoken to May or anyone else either. Except for India, who would pop up and check on me when she could.

"I invited your best friends over." Dad peaked his head into my room and I rolled my eyes mentally.

"No, I wanna be alone," I mumbled, turning over in my bed and pulling my sheets up."

"TOO LATE, WE HERE," Zara shouted before jumping on my bed beside me.

"Not you still laying down on this bed fourteen days in a row," Britany dragged as she popped the gum in her mouth, "It's not fair to us that we keep coming here everyday and you just slumped out. Girl get up."

"Awe, maybe she's pregnant," Zara cooed, rubbing my belly slowly and I instantly slapped her hand away.

"I'm not pregnant. Please don't bring that up because dad goes crazy about that topic." I stood to my feet, slipped out of my clothes, and went into search for something to wear.

"Speaking of topic," Brittany interrupted, "I'm back with Jermiah and we're happily together again. I had to beat his side hoes ass because she thought it was okay to sleep with him. The audacity in some females, I swear."

I gave her the side eye before sliding some shorts on and placing a shirt over my head. "Jermiah been cheating on you with these girls for the past four years Brit. You look dumb fighting the side hoes and not him."

"Girl and you look dumb feeing after some damn prisoner," She shot back with her hand on her hip.

I stared at her hardly, piercing my eyes into hers. "Excuse me?"

"Yea, yo' daddy told me." She shifted her head to her other side. "You just as stupid as I am."

I grabbed my purse, shuffling past her, while Zara followed in my lead. We made our way to her bentley and sat down, waiting for Brit to come out the house.

"Don't listen to her," Zara comforted me, "You know Brit has always been jealous of who or what you're with. Member' when you were dating Tyrees?"

I nodded my head thinking about the guy I was dating in eight grade. Me, Tyrees, Brit, and Zara use to hang out together all the time.

Sometimes I would slick think I saw her flirting but she would brush it off or be playful with me about it so I didn't think too much when it came to their relationship.

One day Zara and I had a sleepover and we invited Brit, but she never showed up. With the way human trafficking and kidnapping has risen around, we always shared our locations with each other.

Zara decided to check her location to make sure everything was okay and she quickly pulled me over to show that Brit was at Tyree's house.

I was mad as hell because he never called to let me know she was there and she never informed me that she was going, especially on our girls nights out.