- Hot and Bothered -

You look up from your bowl to his face in confusion and dread, did he really not remember?

"You... don't remember?"

His face held a sort of guilty look, which made your heart pound at the sheer thought of him genuinely having no recollection of the night before.

"I don't. Could you tell me?" He asked with a polite tone. His expression went from troubled to curious.

The fact that he didn't remember last night's incident shocked you since he was the one who initiated the kiss. You thought something was up, but quickly gave up with that idea since his facial expression seemed to change dramatically, making you believe him undoubtedly.

Although you were sure he couldn't remember, you had no intention of telling him, since it was embarrassing to talk about.

"Don't worry, it was nothing important." You say, continuing to eat your ramen.

He lets out a long chuckle and avoids eye contact, while you look at him repulsively.

"Oh my god! You really believed me? Of course I remember!"

Your jaw dropped as you stared at him in awe of the trick he just played on you. Your shock quickly turned to anger and you went off on him.

"What the hell, man? Why would you act like you didn't know then, you prick!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry... I just wanted to hear you say it. You know, since you kind of ran off straight after."

At this point you were too irritated to even be embarrassed, so you shot him a look. The only reason you didn't get up and leave was because the food would've gotten cold, and it was delicious, as much as you didn't want to admit it.

"Do you regret it?" He asks.

"Did I regret it?" You thought to yourself. It was really good and you did enjoy it, although it was very out of the blue.

"No."

Before he can reply, you hop out of the chair and take your now empty bowl to the sink.

"You should probably go. I have class soon and I need to get ready."

"Do you want me to walk you to class?"

"I'm capable of going by myself."

"Fine, fine, have it your way. But I do have something to ask."

He leans against the counter next to the sink facing you, while you are washing up your dirty cutlery. He waits for you to finish so you can look at him in the eye.

"When are you free?"

"Hm. Thursday, why?"

"Great. Don't make plans and save my number. I'll text you."

He jumps up in joy and marches to the front door. Before leaving, he looks back at you and gives you a little wink, shutting the door behind him shortly after.

You shook your head in disgust whilst heading for your closet to pick out an outfit for the day.

By now it was quarter to twelve, and you had just finished getting ready for your first class.

You chose an oversized baby blue knitted cardigan with white flared jeans and a white turtleneck crop top, along with some layered silver jewellery and white chunky trainers. You chose not to go too heavy on the makeup, since your skin was glowing today and you didn't feel like putting too much on your face, so you put on some mascara and clear lip gloss and called it a day.