- Promises -

When you see this symbol * it means I will recommend you to play the given music.

Song 1: Limerence by Yves Tumor (Instrumental)
Play until the song ends.
Song 2: Mystery of Love by Sufjan Stevens
Repeat song until the end of the chapter.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight 13047 to Athens, Greece. We are currently second in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately four minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time. Thank you for choosing our Airlines. Enjoy your flight."

Armin and you both sat in business class, but fortunately there weren't many people on board so it wasn't as stuffy as you had anticipated. You sat near the back next to a window and Armin was seated next to you.

Armin had brought a book with him that you asked him to bring because you loved to listen to him read. He chose the book which was called A Game of Thrones, the first volume of the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George R.R. Martin. This was apparently his all time favourite series which made you even more excited to hear him read it, especially since you are a big fan of the show.

The air hosts and hostesses were all off to the staff area preparing for takeoff, and the pilot had just made an announcement telling everyone to put on their seatbelts.

"This is so exciting! I've only ever seen pictures, but it's so beautiful there." You said, smiling as you looked over to Armin, who was fidgeting with his fingers.

"I-I agree. It is, isn't it?"

He was acting strange. His foot tapped on the floor continuously and his hands were shaking as well as his voice. You could tell something was up, and you had a pretty good idea of what it was.

"Yeah... Armin, are you okay?"

"Mhm." He murmured, avoiding eye contact.

You placed the back of your hand on his forehead and turned his head to face you with the other. "Are you sure? You look stressed."

He grasped the hand that was on his head and placed it down beside you with a smile. "Really, I'm fine."

You took his word for it and stopped bothering him about it. A minute or so passed and you were staring out of the window, watching as the security backed up from the plane. All of a sudden, the plane began to move. Excited, you looked over to Armin, who was sitting with both hands clinging to the armrests. Without hesitation you scooped up his hand and intertwined your fingers together before placing your other hand on top. He looked over and you gave him a comforting gaze to try and ease him up.

"Relax...I'm here, okay? You're safe." You assured him while rubbing your thumb over his slender index finger. "Deep breaths."

He obeyed and his breathing pattern started to level out more and more. Keeping his hand in your grasp, he flopped his head on your shoulder and let out a long, breathy sigh before squeezing your hand a little more.

"Don't let go." He said, the sound of his vulnerable voice vibrating throughout your body.

"I won't. I promise."

After around five minutes of comforting Armin, the plane had already taken off and was in the air. You looked down to your hand and noticed that his grasp was loose, only to find he had fallen asleep on your shoulder, his soft snore ringing in your ear.

Even when asleep, this man was undeniably beautiful. The way his fluffy blonde hair shielded his eyebrows, the way his eyelashes were so long and straight yet you could barely see them from afar from how fair they were, the way his soft, full lips parted the tiniest bit whenever he slept or was lost in thought. All these things made you realise how effortlessly pretty he was and how lucky you were to have the company of someone like him.