- It Takes Two to Tango -

He was dressed in a forest green button up tucked in a pair of black corduroy pants. The sleeves on his shirt were short so you could see his skeleton tattoo trailing from his fingertips, all the way up his toned arm.

He pulled out the chair opposite his and motioned for you to sit on it, which you did. You mumbled a little 'thank you' and waited for him to be seated so you could speak. This whole situation was confusing to you; had Armin planned this all beforehand along with Mikasa and Jean? Speaking of them, you were sure they were sitting somewhere nearby, most likely eavesdropping and making sure you don't run off, but you didn't look around for them because you didn't want to seem uninterested.

"Uh... What is all this?" You say, looking truly concerned.

"Well, I know you said you didn't want to see me but I couldn't leave you alone without apologising."

"You didn't have to go out of your way just to apologise, you could have called—"

"Trust me, (Y/N), I wanted to." He reassured you as he placed his hand on top of yours, which was resting flat on the table, before intertwining your fingers together. "Besides, I haven't asked you on a real date yet, have I?"

His eyes never left yours as he said this, and he gave your hand a little squeeze. The genuineness that radiated from his face was unignorable and very, very real.

" A what?"

"A date." He said. "I guess we could consider the first time we went out together to be a date, but we were both too confused to know what it was, or what it could lead to."

He was right. That time you went out with him for the first time about a week ago, neither of you knew where you stood and you were both too scared of admitting it was a date for it to actually turn out to be one.

"Remember what I said to you at the beach that day? I said that I wanted to be important to you. That hasn't changed, beautiful. I don't know if you feel the same way, but you are important to me. I don't want to lose you, not now, or ever. I'm sorry for lying to you before. I really am. Me and Annie ending things a long time ago, and I have no lasting feelings for her at all. I lied because I was flustered in the moment and I didn't know what to say, because I didn't want to hurt you."

He looked at you with pleading eyes, begging for you to say something. You were in shock from all of this you just heard, Armin has never been this upfront with you before.

"I..."

You were hesitant to reply to him because in all honesty, you didn't know what to say.

No. You did know what to say. The one thing stopping you was how Armin would react, or what he would do. Were you moving too fast? You already established that you had feelings for Armin, but you had no idea if he felt the same way. Despite him confirming that he set all this up as a date, you still had doubts, them being that he only did this because it ate away at his conscience.

The worries that were once clogging up your mind started to fade away as Armin squeezed your hand tighter. He was still gazing so deeply at you, it made you feel as if you were melting. Like a switch flicking inside your brain, you realised that you wanted to be around him for now and for a long time to come, so you knew you had to make your feelings known - it was now or never.

"I want to be important to you too."

He smiled softly before lifting your hand and bringing it to his lips, planting small kisses on your knuckles and rubbing circles on your index finger.

"Believe me when I say this; you already are, beautiful."

You couldn't help but blush at this statement, as much as you hate to show it. Almost immediately your arm flew to your face as you could feel your cheeks burning up more and more by the second.