- Surprise! -

-

'Stressful' would be an understatement to describe the past week in which Eren confessed his love for you.

A lot has happened since then. You and Eren spoke one to one about what happened and you made your feelings very clear, and you have agreed to not let this ruin your friendship.

Summer break was just over a month away and college was piling up the end of unit exams, meaning you were locked away in your dorm, studying and revising for the majority of the week. The only person you really interacted with was Eren with the exception of Marco, only over the phone though.

You hadn't seen or heard from Armin since that time in the parking lot a week ago. He never messaged or called you, or unexpectedly turned up at your dorm room in a while, but you didn't message first because you just didn't have enough time to. At the rate exams were coming in, you barely had enough time to sleep.

You were a little worried about him, but you presumed he was busy with studying as well, so you kind of let it go.

It was a Wednesday afternoon and you were leaving your last lecture of the day. Since you had close to no more studying left to do, you didn't really know what to do with yourself. Going back to your dorm was the last thing you wanted to do since you'd been in there most of the week, and you wanted to see your friends.

You decided it would be a good idea to give Armin a call. It was a sunny day and you figured the two of you could go to the park nearby and relax, seeing as though you hadn't had much time together in a while. You were sure he didn't have class today, since he rarely ever has classes at this time on a Wednesday - they were all normally late in the evening.

After dialling his number, you put the phone up to your ear and listened to it ring, waiting for him to answer. To your surprise, the line cut out.

Weird. You thought, calling him again. You wondered if it was just a bad connection, because Armin always answered your calls.

The same thing happened. It didn't take you long to realise he had hung up on you both times. By now you were getting worried, so you made your way to his dorm to see if he was there and to check if he was okay.

As you were on route to the dorm building, you went to call Mikasa to see if she was there and if she knew where Armin was - but before you could, you caught a glimpse of a familiar haircut walking by, turning the corner and out of sight.

You knew exactly who it was; who else that you knew had a golden blonde undercut?

You picked up your pace and darted around the corner, your eyes searching for the boy.

"Armin!" You shouted, trying to get his attention.

But he kept on walking.

At this point you were now running down the hall, going after him. People were staring, but you didn't care, nor did you take any notice. You were more concerned about Armin in this given moment.

He turned another corner into a less crowded corridor and you had caught up with him significantly. Instead of calling out his name once again, you took his hand in yours and squeezed it, dragging him into the closest empty classroom.

You closed the door quickly behind you and fell back against it, panting.

"What are you doing?" He said, sounding annoyed.

"Well hello to you too." You reply, catching your breath.

He sighed and leant on a desk near the door, running his fingers through his hair.