- Situationships -

"Girlfriend?!" Eren sneered, turning to Armin defensively.

Biting the inside of your cheek felt like bliss compared to the unpleasant air that surrounded you like a dome. Although Armin seemed calm, you could tell Eren's attitude had tipped him off the edge a little, the twitch in his brow and flutter of his eyelid giving it away. Albeit it being obvious to you, Eren didn't seem to notice.

"Well?" He insisted. "Is somebody going to tell me what's going on?"

Eren looked over to you, searching your face for some sort of explanation he seemed distressed yet desperate for.

"Why are you acting like this, Eren?" You asked, trying to diffuse the bad atmosphere.

"Because I'm always the one left in the dark."

You bit your tongue, the feeling of discomfort hitting you in one large wave. Armin glanced at you hesitantly and you met his gaze - your body failing to stay still. Eren shook his head to regain your attention and you found yourself genuinely confused with what to do.

"I'll tell you what you want to know." You say finally, taking a deep breath.

"No," Armin stepped in. "I should tell him. It's probably best that it comes from me, anyway."

You stared at Eren for a moment before switching to Armin, nodding hesitantly. "Alright. I'll- uh, leave you two alone."

As you walked away, you caught Armin watching you leave with a comforting smile on his face. He mouthed something like don't worry to you, and somehow you felt your body relax almost instantly. His pale blue eyes never failed to make you feel at ease.

After leaving that awfully awkward situation, you went and sat back down with your friends who were impatiently waiting for your return. Coincidentally, the game was only just starting, so you didn't miss anything important.

-

Eren stood leaning against the bleachers with one foot propped up on the metal bar, and Armin stood opposite him with his hands in his pockets, seeming quite relaxed. His moderate stance made Eren tense up at the sight.

"It's been a while since we last talked." Armin said softly, trying to ease into the conversation.

"I wonder who's to blame for that."

"Come on, you aren't seriously blaming me—"

"An' what if I am? Apart from when you first arrived back here, we've barely spoken because all you've done here is stick to Y/N's side like a lost puppy."

"That isn't true."

"It is and you know it. Do you know how many times I've wanted to hang out with you but I was told you were with her?"

Armin sensed this conversation would curve away from the original point, though he never knew this was how Eren really felt. In honesty, he too had missed Eren a lot but was too preoccupied to actually notice.

"I'm sorry, Eren—"

"And now I find out the two of you are dating?! Sure, it was pretty obvious it was going to happen eventually, but were you guys just never going to tell me?"

"We were actually planning on telling you. Y/N thought it was best to wait it out for a while until your friendship wasn't so rocky anymore, so I respected that."

Eren raised his head to watch Armin's worried face. After looking at each other for a short time, Eren could tell Armin was itching to say something.

"Look, if you're going to ask why, just get it over wi—"