astoņi

Im put in the same room as Jean and Armin

Im put in the same room as Jean and Armin. "I can't believe this," I say out loud, "I joined the survey corps to slice titans, not to clean up."

"I know, right." Jean said, scrubbing a window. "But did you see how short that guy was?" he snickered.

"Yep," I giggle. Armin stands awkwardly in the corner, wiping down a table.

"So, (name), anything interesting happen since I last saw you?"

"I saw Eren today!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. You must have just missed him."

"Yeah." I take a mop and a bucket and start cleaning the floors. "So babygirl, what would happen if I found you in my room tonight?" Jean flirts. Jean flirted with me all the time, but I knew he never meant for anything to come out of it. It was basically our way of joking around.

"A lot would happen if I were in there." I snicker. He giggles and goes back to wiping down the windows. I head a small thud and look behind me.

"Armin, you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry I dropped this book." He said, keeping his head down.

"Oh... if you need help I would be glad to give you a hand."

"I'm okay, thanks (name)." I turn back around and focus on cleaning the floors. A pair of footsteps come down the hallway and the stop outside the door.

I hear the door creaking open, but I don't bother looking back. "Almost done in here? You guys have been in here for a while now." The voice called. I knew immediately that it was the captain.

"I'm almost done with the floors, sir." I said, turning around to face him. He looks at the boys in the room.

"I cleaned all the windows." Jean said.

"I wiped down the tables and shelves." Armin says quickly. The captain walked in the room and placed his finger underneath the table. He examined his finger, and then gave Armin and approving nod. He then come over to the windows and examined each one.

"That one needs to be cleaned a bit more." He said pointing to a window and looking at Jean.

"Yes, sir."

"You." The captain said, pointing at me. "Finish up the floors. Everything you've cleaned so far looks good."

"Yes sir." I said as he walked out. Armin followed after him. "Armin?" I say. He acted like he couldn't hear me and shut the door behind him. I look over at Jean. "Is he okay?" He shrugged his shoulders and went back to scrubbing the windows.

--------

I grab my food and find Eren, Mikasa, and Armin all sitting at a table. "Hey guys!" I said, sitting down with them. Armin straightened his back and looked away from me.

"Oh, (name)!" Eren said smiling at me.

"Hey, (name)."

"Hi Mikasa, hi Eren." I look over at the blond who still hasn't greeted me. Eren and Mikasa notice and they look at him too.

"Armin? (name)'s here." Mikasa said. Armin looked over at her and then at me. He opened his mouth but no words came out.

"Uhm- Hi Armin." I say.

"(name)." Eren furrows his brows and looks at Armin.

"Is something wrong? Are you sick? You never act like that."

"I'm fine." Armin said, shaking his head.

"(name), did something happen?" Mikasa asks.

"Not that I know of." I said, sitting down beside the blond boy. "Armin, you would tell me if something was wrong, right?"

He looks down at me and nods. "Then can you tell me?" Armin looks around at the people at his table.

"I need to speak with you in private, (name)." He gets up from his seat and waits for me to follow him. We get out of the cafeteria and he leads me outside.

"Armin, I'm really sorry if I did something you-"

"(name), do you like Jean?"

"What?"

"Do you?"

"No, why would you think that?"

"Please don't lie to me. You guys were flirting.... right in front of me."

"Oh Armin." I giggle, "No, we just joke around like that." I smile. "Wait, why? Did he do something? Is that why it bothered you?"

His face turns bright pink and he looks away from me. "Armin?" I grab his face and make him look at me. "Armin, are you okay? You've seemed a bit sick the last couple of days. Your face keeps getting re-" I'm interrupted when Armin leans forward and places his lips on mine.

"Armin.." I whisper. "So... that's what's bugging you?" He nods and looks away in embarrassment. I can hear footsteps behind me, so I look back. "Eren?"

"Sorry. You guys were taking a while so I came back here to make sure everything was alright. I guess every- Why is Armin's face so red?" I look over at Armin and then back at Eren.

"Wait... Armin did you tell her?" Eren asks. Armin shakes his head 'no'.

"Tell me what?" I ask, looking back up at Armin.

"Eren.." Armin whispers.

"I'm so sorry," The brown haired boy says, stepping back. "I'll leave you two alone." He walks back into the cafeteria and I try to look in Armin's eyes, but they were planted on the floor.

"Come on, Armin. What do you need to tell me?" Armin shifts his weight under his feet uncomfortably.

"Please, just spit it out."

"Okay... (name), I really like you. Seeing you flirt with Jean today kinda made me mad. I thought I should confess to you before it was too late but now I realize you don't have feelings for Jean."

"You like me?" He nods, keeping his eyes on the ground. I feel butterflies start to flutter around in my stomach.

"Do you like me too? Or is there someone else?" He asks, keeping his gaze down at his feet.

"Armin.." I whisper. "Please look at me." He trials his eyes up my body until he reaches my eyes. "I like you too, Armin."