divi

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the crowd of people

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the crowd of people. All of their heads were turned in the same direction. I looked to where their eyes were positioned and saw a titan looking over the walls.

"That's impossible..." Armin whispered, "The walls are fifty meters high." The shadow of the titan covered a small portion of the city.

"It's a titan..." Eren whispered. There was a small explosion from the wall. Rocks were flying in the city, crushing building and colliding into people. Dust rose from the shattered houses and buildings. It must have busted a whole in the wall. I thought to myself.

Titans swarmed into the village from the hole in the wall. The people around us started to freak out and scream, trying to evacuate from the city. Eren started walking in the opposite direction the people around us were running.

"Eren, what are you doing?" I called after him. Mikasa ran after him.

"Mikasa..." Armin said, extending his arm forward to pull her back. Eren ran in the direction of his house while me and Armin stayed in our place. It felt like we were glued to where we were standing.

Armin started muttering to himself, in fear for his life. "Armin!" I say, snapping him out of his thoughts. "We have to go!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him behind me.

Everyone in the city ran past us. A few people behind us ended up pushing me to the ground. "(name)!" Armin yelled, trying to pull me back up.

"I'm okay, Armin." I said, getting back on my feet and brushing the dirt off of my clothes. "Hold my hand so we don't get separated." He did as I told him. His hands were shaking and his fingers twitched.

I pulled him through the city, trying to get past the crazy people who were yelling at the walls, thinking something would happen.

All around us, people were smashed underneath boulders. Building began to fall and roofs were being smashed in. I looked over to my right and saw a titan strolling through the city. I watched as some Titans picked other people up and brought them to their mouths.

I looked away, unable to watch. Armin pats my shoulder with his other hand and we continue to walk through the city. I tried closing my eyes so that I couldn't see any thing, but the screams of the people around me made it worse.

I opened my eyes again, trying to just keep my gaze at the ground below me. Armin started leading the way and pulled me forward. He stopped and looked down at the ground. I could see a pool of blood, but not the human the blood came from.

Armin looks back at me with tears welling up in his eyes. "Armin?...."

"I'm so sorry." He said quietly. I pushed him out of the way and found my mother crushed beneath a boulder.

"Mom!" I yelled, hoping that it would bring her back. "Help me, Armin." I sobbed, trying to lift the boulder. I scraped my hands against the rock, thinking I could still lift it off of her.

I looked down at her. Her (eye color) eyes were dull and lifeless. Her mouth hung open and flies buzzed around her body.

"Please (name)," Armin whispered behind me, "We have to keep going." He pulled me into a hug and patted my head. "I'm so sorry." He grabbed my hand again and led me through the city.

My nose stung as tears fell from my eyes. Armin tried to make his way through the crowd, but a few adults over powered him, pushing him down to the ground.

"Armin!" I yelled, pulling him back up. "Come on, we're close!" I said. He grabbed onto my shoulder to balance himself. I took the lead once more and brought the two of us to the gate.

"Women and children!" Guards yelling, picking people out of the crowd and onto boats. Armin pulled me closer to him, and I hugged him back.

"When we get on the boat," I say quietly, "We have to find Eren and Mikasa." He nods and a few tears fill his eyes. "Their going to be okay." I say, trying my best to cheer him up.

A guard comes up to the two of us and pulls us onto the boat. "Armin.." I gasp. I point to an older man who was on the boat. "Your grandfather's okay." I said, pulling him closer to his family. His grandfather pulls him into a tight embrace, glad that he made it.

Me and Armin stand on the edge of the boat, looking out for Mikasa and Eren. "Armin," His grandfather starts, "Have a seat."

"I'm looking out for my friends." The blond boy responds.

"Armin, look." I say, pointing at the two of them.

"Oh, there they are." He says happily. He brings up his arm to wave, but he notices the look on Eren's face.

"You should give them space," his grandfather starts, "Who knows what they may have just witnessed." I watch as the two of them board the ship. They sit next to one another, with a traumatized look on their faces.

Guards let up the bridge connecting the boat to the ground. Citizens start to complain and yell at the guards. The boat was full and there was no more room for anyone else to board.

I slump down on the ground below me. I didn't want to see what else might happen.
Armin sits down beside me and places his hands in his lap. I silently start to cry again at the sight I had seen earlier.

"(name).." Armin whispered, placing his arm around my shoulders. "It's going to be okay, you have us." I wiped the tears from my eyes, but they continued to fall anyway. "It's alright." Armin says, pulling me closer to him.

I cry in his chest, listening to his heart beating. "Armin.." I whisper. He lets out a soft hum and I can feel the vibrations in his chest. "Don't leave me."

"I won't."