trīs

"(name)!" some whisper yells, shaking my shoulders

"(name)!" some whisper yells, shaking my shoulders. I open my eyes and find a blond boy, a black haired girl, and a boy with green eyes.

I sit up and recognize the faces around me. "Mikasa, Eren!" I exclaim, pulling them in a hug. "You guys are alright!"

"Yeah, we're so glad you're okay, (name)."

"Armin, where are we?" I ask looking around me.

"We had to evacuate Shiganshina, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember now." I said, sitting up grabbing my head.

"I'll get us some food." Armin said, walking away.

"You missed it." Mikasa said.

"Missed what?"

"Eren got in a fight with a soldier."

"Eren," i sighed, pinching the skin between my eyebrows. "You're too much." Armin walks back to us carrying six pieces of bread.

"That's it?" Eren asked.

"Just be glad we get anything." Armin said, sitting beside me. Eren's obviously stressed. So much has happened so quickly. He lets out a few years and eats the bread.

"Keep crying, Eren." I said, "It will make the bread taste saltier." Eren hides his face in his hands and Mikasa shakes her head.

------------

We get on a wagon to go to the training corps. The four of us stick together in fear that something would pull us apart once again.

We arrive at the training corpse. A bald man named Keith is our instructor. He had us line up so he could scream at us. He was loud enough to make my eardrums bleed.

I watch as a girl with brown hair pulls out a potato, eating it while he yelled at us. "(name)," I hear someone whisper beside me.

"Armin?"

"She that girl?" He asked me, pointing over at her.

"Yeah."

"How could she just eat a potato."

"I have no idea." The instructor walked over to us.

"You!" he screeched pointing at Armin. "What is your name."

"Armin Arlert, sir." He said, saluting.

"That's a stupid name, who gave it to you?"

"My grandfather did, sir." The instructor looks over to the brown haired girl.

"And what in God's name are we doing over here!" He yelled, walking over to her. "Who are you."

"I am Sasha Bruas, sir." She said, saluting with a potato in her hand. He looks at the potato in her hand. "Would you like half?" She asked, breaking off a small portion for the instructor.

He looked at her like he had no idea what she was referring to. He grabbed the potato and threw it on the ground. "Five hours! You're running laps for five hours!"

"Yes sir!" She said, running to a field. The instructor then told us to pair up in groups.

"Want to be in my group?" I ask the blond standing next to me.

"Sure!"

"I'm not going to go easy on you, Armin!" I said pointing at him.

"Well, then I won't go easy on you!" We giggle at each other and step back to get into position. He runs over to me, throwing his fist in the air. I dodge and kick his legs, causing him to fall over.

I quickly pin him down, holding his arms above his head. "I win!" I giggle. I look down and notice that his face was red. "You okay, Armin?" I ask. I notice the position we were in and quickly get back up.

I extend my arm for him to grab and help him up. I brush off the dirt on my uniform and give him a thumbs up. "You didn't do too bad."

"Thanks," he whispered. We walked into the hq to get ready for dinner.

"(name), Armin!" Someone yelled behind us. We look back and find Eren running towards us!

"Eren!" I shout, waving at him.

"Guys, let's find a table." He said, walking through the cafeteria. "How about this one?" He asks, pointing to an empty table.

"Looks good." I said.

"Okay, sit down and save it. I will bring you both your food." Eren said. I sit down and Armin sits beside me.

"What's with him? He's jumping off the walls." I said.

"Maybe he's just happy he gets a chance at defeating titans." Armin says. Mikasa walks over to us with a try in her hand.

"Why are you guys sitting at a table without food?"

"Eren told us to save this table. He's getting our food for us."

"What?" She places her tray down and walks away from us. "I'll help him." I snicker as she walks away.

"She's got it bad for him." I whisper. Armin giggles and the two of them come back to our table.

"What's funny?" Eren asks.

"Nothing." The both of us say in synch.

"So, Eren," I start, "You seem.... happy today."

"Yeah, oh I'm so excited to be in the training corps."

"So that's what it was." I say looking over at Armin.

"Okay, what's going on?" Mikasa asks. "The two of you were giggling and now you're talking to each other about something me and Eren don't know."

"I'm sorry, Mikasa." I say. "We just wanted to know why Eren looked so happy today. That was all." She leans back in her seat and bites down on her bread.

"Alright." We all quickly finish our dinner. Armin volunteers to clean up our plates. We comes back to us and we walk out of the cafeteria together.

We watch the brown haired girl, Sasha, running her laps. "Wow, he put her to work." Eren whispers.

"She's been running for hours." I said. She looked like she would drop at any moment.

"We should get to our rooms." Mikasa says, "We'll have to train again tomorrow. We need rest."

"Yeah," Eren said, stating to walk away from us. "Armin, we have the same room." He said.

"Oh yeah," Armin said, straightening himself. "See you guys tomorrow." He said, waving at us and walking away with Eren.

"So the rooms are divided by gender?" I ask.

"Yep, come on, (name), we'll be tired tomorrow if we waste any more time out here." She pulls me to the room with her. Other girls were in there, but Mikasa ignored them. She went straight to our beds. "Good night, (name)."

"Good night, Mikasa."