četri

Three Years Later

Three Years Later

Today was our last day in the training corps. Most of the time I had spent here was concentrated on getting stronger. This weakened my bonds between Mikasa, Eren and Armin.

I felt bad that I had grown away from them, but I needed to do this to save humanity. "Hey, (name)." Eren said, coming up to me.

"Hey, Eren." I smiled. It wasn't that I didn't like them. I did. They're my friends. "What's going on."

"We actually want to speak with you."

"Alright." Eren lead me outside. Armin and Mikasa were already sitting on some stairs, looking up at the sky.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Just come talk to us. That's all we want." I nod and sit next to Armin on the stairs.

"Oh, hey (name)."

"Hey, Armin."

"(name)."

"Mikasa." Armin points at the sky.

"It looks amazing." He whispered. I look up at the stars scattered around the sky.

"Yeah." I gasp. "So, what did you guys want to talk about?" I ask, looking at the people sitting around me.

"We wanted to know what your plans are." Eren said, sitting down beside me. "Were you thinking about joining the Survey Corps, Garrison, or Military Police?"

"Well," I said, bringing my knees up to my chest. "I was maybe thinking about the Survey Corps."

"That is very dangerous," Mikasa snaps, "Do you not realize the danger you would have to put yourself in."

"Mikasa," Eren said, holding his hand out for her to stop. "I want to join the Survey Corps as well." Mikasa closed her mouth and looked down at her feet.

"Armin." I whisper. "Any opinion?" He looks over at me and then down in his lap.

"(name), you can do whatever you want. But personally, I don't like that you're putting yourself in danger."

"Thank you, Armin." I said, patting his shoulder.

"Me and (name) are joining the survey corps." Eren announces.

"I will too." Mikasa says.

"I will also be joining." Armin says. I smile at the three of them.

"I can't wait!" I smiled.

"I'm keeping my eye on all of you." Mikasa said. I giggle and look at al three of them. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I haven't been spending time with you guys! I'll make sure we stick together from now on.

"Come on," Mikasa said getting up. "Let's get some rest. Tomorrow we will join the Survey Corps." Eren and Armin run off in one direction as me and Mikasa run the other.

The Next Day

I quickly run down to the cafeteria to grab my breakfast. "(name), what's going on?" Eren asks, watching me run through the cafeteria.

"Mikasa didn't wake me up." I say, biting down on some bread.

"(name), you have to learn how to wake up on your own if you want to survive the survey corps." She said, biting into her own bread.

I look over at the blond who was just listening to the conversation. "What's up Armin."

"The ceiling?" He. says quietly.

"Seriously?" I ask, looking up. "Huh." Eren shakes his head.

"That was terrible, (name)."

"Ha, I know. Anyways, how are you Armin? Anything new to tell us?" He tenses up.

"Um, no not really." I shrug my shoulders and continue to eat the food in front of me.

"Can't believe this is our last day.." Eren says.

"I know, right?"

"Soldiers!" Keith yells. "We need you all to gear up! You will be watching over the walls for today."

"Of course," Eren sighed. We ran out of the cafeteria and strapped into our gears.

"Come on," I sigh, "Why now?" I was having trouble strapping myself in.

"(name)".

"Armin!"

"What are you doing? We have to hurry."

"I'm having trouble." I said, trying to strap myself in.

"Stop." He said. He bent over and strapped me in.

"T-thanks." I mutter. I had a strange feeling come over me after he had done that.

"No problem, we have to get going now."

"Right." I hop onto a horse and ride into the city. We came to the walls and climes to the top.

"I can't believe we're having to do this right now." Eren pouts.

"Quit complaining Eren," I said, "It's just what we have to do."

"Hey, guys!" Sasha called, slipping over to us.

"Sasha, where have you been?" I ask.

"Guess what I got!" She said, completely ignoring my question. She pulled out a chunk of meat from her jacket.

"No way!" Connie exclaims.

"Gonna eat that all by yourself?" Jean asks.

"Well, I will share if you guys want."

"Yeah," Eren starts, "I'll have some meat." The rest of us come to an agreement. Just as Sasha places the meat in a chest, a smoke behind us knocks us off of the walls. I use my gear to keep myself from falling.

Me and Eren jump back on the wall to fight off the titan. "(name), leave this to me."

"No way, Eren." He sighed in annoyance and we both lunged forward at the colossal titan. I cut through its muscle on its arm. Eren ran back and tried to cut the nape, but the titan disappeared.

"Guys!" Armin called. "Hole in the wall!" We looked below us as titans started invading the city.

"We have to get everyone to evacuate and fight off these titans." I yell. The soldiers around me swarm around titans, trying to fight them off. "Armin!" I called. "Please stay with me." He nods and follows me as I fly through the city. I slice through the napes of all the titans I had come in contact with.

"(name), you're really good."

"Thank you, Armin." I smile. A light blush covers his cheeks, but I didn't have the energy to notice it.

I look down at the city I was zooming over. People had been stepped on and ripped apart. A couple building were crushed in the process. I look around me as soldiers I was friends with were eaten by titans.

"(name)!" Armin yells.