10

Instinct Chapter 10Touch her and die

Instinct
Chapter 10
Touch her and die

Elle, Lydia, Scott and Stiles all sat in miss Blake's English class.

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes..." Miss Blake spoke walking up through the rows of desks.

"All tools the writer uses to tell their story." She stopped at the strawberry blonde noticing the drawing of a tree she was currently sketching.

"Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents...?" The brunette teacher spoke smiling down at the teen.

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia sarcastically smiled up at her teacher earning a small laugh from her blonde best friend.

"Ha! Ain't that the truth" Elle added giving the sly dig to Jackson whittmore who never realised how smart and brilliant her friend was.

"Oh. Um, well, that was an idiom, by the way..." Jenifer announced anxiously it was no secret beacon hills 'it' girls slightly intimidated the young teacher.

"Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or, a phrase like, "seeing the whole board..."" she explained to the junior class.

"Like chess." Stiles muffled catching her attention, and Jenifer gave a genuine smile.

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" She asked the teen and stiles shook his head no.

"Uh, no. My father does."

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliché...?" Jenifer went on now loosing the attention of our favourite wolf back.

"I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk." Scott whispered to stiles knowing full well Elle could also hear him.

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles whispered back to the teen wolf.

"The Druids are Emissaries, right? So, what if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas?" Scott was trying to deduce who could possible be the Darach.

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe we've gotten to the point where a sentence like, "What if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas?" actually makes sense to me. Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan." Stiles added a problem to Scott's idea.

"What's that?" Scott was clueless to what could stop him.

"Going through Aiden. Ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?" It was hard for anyone not to notice the twins where practically inseparable since the death of Boyd. Both boys shared a look turning around to look a Lydia.

"...What now?" The strawberry blonde regrettably asked the best friends as Scott and stiles explained their idea.

"Not happening, she is not going in room with that psycho" Elle jumped in the conversation refusing to put her best friend in danger.