Part 9 - You Can Never Escape

"No... NO! Why did you do that?!" Naib yelled in pain...

Jack gave a weak smile while Naib's face flashed a worried expression. He struggled and screamed as he watched Jack's massive body tumble and fall directly on top of him... Jack has slashed his own chest, the fresh, deep wound started to overflow with blood. Spilling all over Naib's lap... three massive slices covered his chest, Naib could see open flesh...

Jack has injured himself... like how he slaughtered the girls...

Jack smiled cheekly and weakly said,

"I have overcome the hosts control... but not strong enough to fight back for my body... this---injury and pain... I deserve it..." 

Naib began breaking down in tears... he tried to untie the rope and treat Jack's injuries... but he couldn't get it off... he screamed and yelled, desperately hoping someone could help him... and Jack... 

"Feeling the despair... Subedar? You can never escape... how can you even save your teammates if you can't even save yourself... and your lover?" the host voice echoed in Naib's head...

"G-get out of my head!" Naib yelled while shaking...

"None of the hunter's and survivors can hear you... nobody... is coming to save you... keep on fighting and he would die... admit that you cannot escape... is the only way to save him..."

Naib looked at Jack... his undeniable love for him began to fill his heart with regret and sadness. He tried to reach his tied hands to touch him, but he couldn't...

The room began crumbling apart, the hosts power manipulated the room and shape shifted it into something else... A dull, white, parallel universe... with only white barriers. Naib was still tied up and tried to float towards Jack's body, but Jack's body began to slowly drift further away from Naib. 

Something in Naib snapped, his facial expression went blank... his eyes didn't blink and he just remained still and began mumbling...

"I'm sorry I'm so weak... I'm sorry I'm such a failure... if only... I didn't cause you so much trouble... if only I'd die instead of my comrades... if only I can save them... if only---"

"If only... if only..." the host began to speak,

"If only you never loved him..."

Naib's blank expression started to melt away... blood began to leak out of Naib's eyes... dyeing it completely bloody red... His skin tone began to shift to a tanned one... his body grew in size and became much more muscular...

"I can use the personality and the powers of the cursed pharaoh! Host... if you're the god of this manor and can control everything within... then a god from the past... should be evenly matched with you..." Naib said in a blank tone.

His eyes shifted a glowed in a fiery red... (referencing Naib's Cursed Pharaoh skin)

He stared at Jack lovingly, and concentrated on bringing Jack's soul back into its body...

"I command the ka of Jack to come back to thee..." (ka is meaning for soul)

"It's no use Naib... stop it with your worthless fighting... nothing can be matched against the god who created your world..." 

In a moment, Naib switches and flickers back to his original self, he is freed from the ropes and he held Jack close to himself... Jack's skin is pale... his hand was no longer warm, like a lifeless doll he laid, Naib... finally obeyed...

Naib lifted his head... knowing his lover was no longer with him... he begged and cried...

"Please--- bring him back! I'll do anything! I won't fight you anymore! I won't tell anyone! I won't---"