Chapter 11

"Where were you?"

The younger brother looks up at his senior. "Huh?"

"You were gone all night." Leonardo leans against the door, crossing his arms. "Don't look so surprised; I started getting up early to meditate."

He shrugs in feigned nonchalance, already dreading the ensuing conversation. "Out."

"And where's 'Out'?"

Donnie slides out of his chair, deciding his straining eyes need a break. "Just went to check on Y/N is all." He rubs them with his arm, quietly noting the sounds of fighting in the dojo were starting to cease as he sits on the couch. His rounds of sparring with Leonardo were finished a little over an hour ago; a part of him is grateful it took him this long to corner him.

This got a raised brow. "You were checking on her for hours?"

He does not look him in the eye. "It's not impossible."

"In the middle of the night?"

"It wasn't that late," he argues.

"Donnie," he presses, "you didn't get home until five in the morning. Where were you?"

He feels his face heat up. "I said."

Leo leans down to look his brother in the eye. "Final answer?"

He swallows a yawn. "Look, I know it was stupid—"

"I didn't say it was stupid."

"No," he snips, mildly irritable from a lack of sleep. "You implied it."

The doors to the dojo slide open, the disgruntled look on Raphael's face all the evidence the other two need to know who won.

Mikey dives onto the couch, sprawling out next to his slightly older brother. "Did you ask yet?"

"I did." He glances at the disgruntled boy. "Donnie was, apparently, at Y/N's all night."

The reaction is immediate.

"Details!" The small victor sits up, leaning forward on his knees in usual attentiveness. "Was she good?"

"What did you—shut up, Mikey." Raph's attention snaps back to his tallest brother. "What did you do to her? Did you—"

"Wait, hold on!" Donnie's face feels uncomfortably hot. "N-Nothing happened!"

"Yeah, sure." The second eldest rolls his eyes. "You think we fell off the truck yesterday? Who stays with a girl all night in her room without something happening? Nobody," he cuts him off before he can defend himself.

The youngest's voice rises over his brother's before he can continue. "Dude, big picture!" He gestures to his brown-eyed brother. "He got with a girl first! He has valid info or whatever he says and stuff!"

"What are you two even talking about?" He wrings his hands. "Look, nothing happened!"

"Then what were you doing at her house," Raphael eggs. "You weren't just sitting there, right?"

"... no."

"Then what were you doing there?"

He pauses, the two excitable boys waiting on bated breath. "She wanted me to spend the night," he explains carefully, "because she was having bad nightmares and didn't want to sleep alone." He leans back, tossing his hands in the air. "That's all."

Silence falls.

"So," clarifies Raphael, "you spent however many hours in her room, in her bed, and you didn't make a move?"