Fibbing

We gathered at the living room, a serious atmosphere washed over us.

"Wait-so you guys knew that Yeona knew that we were a gang? But you guys didn't tell me or her, because you guys were scared we'd both freak out???" Seonghwa exclaimed.

"Yeona's trace was obvious. I left the security room ajar because the passcode was spoiled and she entered, cleaned up our files and closed the door shut," Yeosang replied, giving me an 'are you stupid' look.

I bowed my head in apology.

"So, I did some digging of your background a few months ago,"Mingi said as he clasped his hands together, cutting the conversation to a different topic.

I tightly held Seonghwa's hand, anxiety seeping through my veins.

"I couldn't find out anything about your birth father. It's as if his existence disappeared completely from the world. Even if he's dead, I should've found records but it was clean."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

Hongjoong glanced up from the floor to me, "Only someone with connections has the ability to sweep their identity off data records. Someone who needs to keep themselves hidden from authority, a mastermind."

"For example, a leader of a mafia." Mingi clarified for him.

Seonghwa frowned, "Is it possible, her mother got back with her husband? Who happens to be SME's leader?"

I groaned letting my head fall into my hands, "This can't be happening..."

Jongho raised a hand as if to ask if he could speak. Hongjoong nodded at him.

"SME is one of the biggest mafias. They host gangs such as NCT, EXO, DBSK. They even have female gangs like RV and AESPA. They're powerful, and whatever they do, they never get caught or punished because of their connections."

"True. If your dad is from SME and he announced he wants you to come home, he might put you with RV," Wooyoung handed me a classified file with all the gangs information.

I skimmed through it.

"Are they nice?" I ask, looking through a beautiful profile of RV's leader, Irene.

"Yeon-they're not nice. Not to us at least. They look down on smaller gangs like us. They will try to take over us like they did to AESPA and EXO."

I shook my head, "No way...what do I have to do to avoid going there?"

"Wait, you're choosing US over your parents? I mean-they're a huge gang, and you're saying you want to stay here?" Hongjoong asked, both his eyebrows raised in shock.

Without even a second thought, I wrapped my arms around Seonghwa's waist, leaning my head into his chest. Even Seonghwa seemed shocked as his arms froze in mid air.

"I don't want to leave here," I softly replied, tears escaping my eyes. "You guys took really good care of me when I needed it the most. As much as my mom means a lot to me, I'm 18 now and I deserve to choose where I want to go."

I felt Seonghwa's arms hugging me back and gently caressing my hair.

"Is there a way she can stay?" He asked.

San's sudden clap made all of us jolt from out seats, "I got it!"

"OTHER than making her join our gang, San," Seonghwa made clear as he put out his palm at San.

San pouted, "That's the only way. We just need to discuss this with boss. He'll know what to do."

"Maybe San's right," Wooyoung nodded.

Seonghwa stormed his foot down as he stood up in anger, shouting, "NO! He won't! He'll FORCE her in here! He doesn't know I've been dating an outsider! There's no way I'm going to put her life in danger!"

My breath hitched. I've never seen him blow up like that.

The other members stood up, asking him to calm down. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Honey, I have to do it don't I? I have to be a part of another gang so that I'm not available for my parents to take," I said in the most gentlest and calmest manner I could ever imagine.

Seonghwa still had that angry bird look with his hands on his hips. His eyes glanced at every member there is in the room.

It seems to me like we all agree I join them except for Seonghwa.

Seonghwa ruffled the back of his hair in annoyance.

"Can't we just give SME a fake record that she's with us instead?" He asked, looking at Mingi who's the genius at forgery.

"But what if they challenge her? She has to be a natural at fighting," San questioned in concern.

Hongjoong sighed, "Ok here's what we're going to do. We'll forge her data, teach her basic skills and then we'll go over to SME."

Seonghwa who seems pleased with the idea, reached his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll train her myself," I can feel him smirking as he pulled me into his arms.

"Ugh get a room," Wooyoung and San cringed as they retreated upstairs.

The members dispersed as the solution was made. I turned to Seonghwa, looking up into his sparkly eyes.

"They won't force me to leave even if I join you right?" I asked in doubt.

As he caressed my hair and pulled the ribbon, the tied portion of my hair fell. His hands cupped my cheeks.

"I won't let them take you away from me. This is my promise to you."

As his face leaned in closer, I closed my eyes to savor the precious moment between us two.