Chapter 3

Chapter 3

          Running, why am I running? What is going on? I thought as I look at my hand to see someone holding it and pulling me. I move my eyes up the person’s arm but I don’t see the person face, just a top hat with a card on it. “Where are we going!?” I ask trying to pull my arm away but this person will just not let go. “Just kept running Elsa, we’re running out of time.” The person says and I can tell it’s a boy.

          “Running out of time? For what?” I ask and I turn my head, nothing is chasing us, so why should we run? “Nothing is behind us, what’s going on?” I keep asking, I sound like a broken record. Then the boy stops suddenly and I bump into his back. “It’s too late…” He says quietly and he turns, his face hidden by the shadows. “Too late for what?” I ask as I look behind him to see a giant clock streaking midnight. “It’s your birthday….” He says and I hear a yell.

***

          “Happy Birthday Elsa!!!” I hear making my eyes pop open to see my Aunt holding a small cupcake with a candle on it not lit. I’m deadly afraid of fire, I can’t explain why, Crystal says it’s because of something that happened in my past and my mind has made me forgot. But even if I see fire, I get nervous and scared… It’s hard to explain how I feel when I see fire. I see… horrible things.

I smile as I set myself up. “Thank you Crystal.” “Well… make a wish.” She says with a smile. I giggle as I blow out the image fire.  Crystal starts clapping her hands as she hands me the cupcake. “This is the only sweet you get till your party, agreed?” I nod as I eat the cupcake, “Agreed. Now I better get ready, people will be showing up soon, right?” She nods, “I’ll be downstairs cooking.” She kisses the top of my head, “Love you.” I smile as I finish my cupcake, “Love you back.”

And she walks out the door. I sigh as I walk up to my mirror and look at myself, long snow white blonde hair, and my dark blue eyes. Both a mess right now but of course they are, I just woke up and had a horrible dream about today. I sigh and turn around to see Lillianna. “Damn it Lillianna! How do you always sneak up on me like that!?”

          She gives me a shark like smile, I shiver, “Oh I hate that smile, and you remind me of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.” I say. “Is it because of my green cat eyes?” She says and does that smile again. I glare at her as she pulls a small box from behind her back, “Happy Birthday Elsa.” She says. I take it with a smile, “I will take this as an apologize.”

          She winks as she starts to walk out of my room, “Go take a shower and get ready, I’ll see you downstairs.” She says and closes the door behind her. I sigh as I start to walk to my bathroom and take a nice hot shower. But even the hot water which normal relaxes me is making me nervous, why am I a nervous wreck today? I mean it’s my birthday. I should be having a good relaxing day right?

          I start to think about my dreams again, that boy. I place my hand over my heart, it’s beating so fast, I don’t understand. I hear a knock on my door, “Elsa, your guest are coming, you better hurry.” I hear Crystal say as I snap out of my day dream. “I’ll be right down; I just need to do my hair.” I say and turn off the water. Everything will be fine, right?