Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After crying for what seems like forever, I finally wipe my tears away and changed. Half of me wanted to stay in my room, away from him, I don't know what he wants from me, one minute his happy and goofy and makes my heart beat so fast, but then two minutes later, his staying away from me. I sigh and mess up my hair, then roll my eyes; I'm done trying to look nice, not in this world. I open the door to smell something amazing cooking.

I start to walk to the kitchen and stop when I see the mirror that Hatter was talking to. I look in the kitchen to see if he saw me or not. Seeing that the coast was clear; I walk up to the mirror and just look at it. Was his demons in the mirror or did he just use the mirror to talk to the demon? I touch the mirror; it's just a normal looking mirror, nothing different. "What are you doing?" I hear behind me and I jumped.

I quickly turn to see the Hatter holding two plates. "You scared the hell out of me!" I yell and place my hand over my heart. I see him smile as he walks past me and put the plates down, "That was not my goal." He says and sits down. He looks at me and pats the seat next to him, "Come, I know you're hungry." Then he looks away before he did, I saw his eyes change into that dark blue again. "Your knight would kill me if you die from not eating." I hear him say before he looks back at me, eyes back to normal. "What knight?" I ask. I see him raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" I sigh, "You said something about my knight would kill you if I die from not eating."

I see his eyes widen before they slowly go back to normal, "It's nothing." He says and starts to eat. I growl and place my hand on his which makes him stop eating and look at me, "Hatter, you can't just keep hiding stuff from me. I know nothing of this place. And you are hiding things about me. Things I feel like I need to know." I see him trying to pull his hand away but I just hold it harder, "Hatter..." I coo. I see a sigh go from his lips but he just pulls back and stands, "Elsa. I'm mad, everything that comes out of my mouth is mad!" He walks up to me and his eyes are that dark blue again. He places one hand on the top of the couch and the other on the table by me and lends in.

Half of me is scared of what he'll do but the other half is just happy his so close to me. We're inches away, "You should stop asking questions you don't need to know the answers too." I keep my eyes locked on his, "What are you Hatter?" I ask. I see him do a smile, "Just mad my dear. Pure madness." He lends back and sits down, his eyes turning into that light blue, "Now. Eat."

***

We sat in silent after dinner; I don't know what to say to him, I mean was that Hatter or his demon? I see him stand, "We should get some sleep." He says and looks at me, "There should be a nightgown in your room." He starts to walk away, "Where will you sleep?" I ask. He looks at the couch, "You're sitting on my bed." I stand, "Well... the bed is big enough." I say and start to rub my arm. "What are you saying Elsa?" Hatter asks and just looks at me. "Well... I... I would rather have you in the room with me... You know in case someone comes and steals me or something." I ask, still rubbing my arm.

"If I stay in the room with you, will you stop rubbing your arm and biting your lip?" He asks and I notice I was biting my lip. I stop and clear my throat, "Yes." He sighs and moves his fingers through his white hair, "Fine, please go change." I smile and nod as I walk into the room. I close the door softly and start to do happy dance around the room, I was thrilled! I turn to find a nightgown on the bed and a note next to it.

Dear Elsa,

I thought you would need this to sleep in, Wonderland isn't like the real world, keep the Hatter close, and remember your jewelry power. We'll see each other soon.

Love,

Lillianna.

I held the note close, I miss her, I miss Crystal, everyone from home. I know it's only be a day but here, it feels like days. I hear a knock at my door, "Elsa?" I wipe my eyes, "Just a minute please." I say and quickly change. As I slip the nightgown on, I look in the mirror and feel my eyes widen, "Damn it Lillianna!" I yell at myself, she got me the shortest nightgown she could think of. I'm not shocked that she's the Cheshire Cat. I hear a knock again, "Elsa?" I sigh, nothing else I can do. "You can come in." I say and run to the bed and cover up. I don't know why I do, he already saw me half way naked.