CHAPTER 2

Kel POV:

Kel yawned and woke up. Today was a saturday, probably one of the best days of the week. He quickly got up, fixed his bed a little, and raced downstairs for breakfast. Kel ran to the kitchen when- *Clink BANG*

"Kel, I told you not to run in the kitchen." Hero said with a slight smile on his face.

"Oops, sorry about that. At least it didn't have any food on it!"

"Yeah, at least."

"Do you want me to clean up the shattered plate or-"

"Don't worry, I'll handle it."

Kel grabbed a piece of bacon from the counter as he and Hero cleaned up the mess. He couldn't help but notice that Hero had seemed a lot more tired recently. "It's probably just because of all of the studying he has to do. I still can't believe how he gets all of his work done." Kel thought, but now it was actually kinda noticeable that he was only getting around 6 hours of sleep at night.

Kel put the shattered pieces of plate into the trash and walked up to the sink, where his mom was washing dishes.

"Hey mom?"

"What is it, Kel?"

"Is it ok if I go see if Sunny's home?"

"Sure, just whatever you do, come back by sunset."

"Ok mom!"

Kel turned over to Hero, and was going to ask him a question. Before he could speak, Hero speaks.

"I know what you are going to ask me Kel, so I'll just say it right here. No, I can't go out with you and Sunny today. I just am so busy with school that I don't really have much free time."

"How did you know-"

"It was quite clear that you were gonna ask me to go with you, why else would you have looked at me like that?"

Hero was right, except Kel didn't really want to admit it. Kel walked out of the kitchen, went to the door, and waved one final goodbye to his family before he went over to Sunny's house.

Kel really liked the outside, besides, who wouldn't like the fresh air! Although he had to admit, Aubrey and the hooligans would sometimes follow him for a bit, making fun of him for being so simple and just being him. Thankfully, Kel and Sunny were neighbors, so the walk would be so short that the hooligans couldn't follow him.

*Knock Knock*

*Sunny's mom opens the door*

"Oh hello there Kel! Why have you stopped by here today?"

"Just wondering if Sunny is home, that's all!"

"I'm pretty sure Sunny went on a walk, he might be back soon though."

"Ok! I'll see you later-"

Kel quickly turns as he is talking and sees Sunny in the distance. Confused, he decides to get closer. As he gets closer, he notices Sunny is in quite a weird position on the ground, almost as if he was being pinned there. He also noticed Sunny was mumbling something.

"Get-erm, off me... I need to get back."

"Sunny, you ok bro?"

It almost looked like Sunny had just been snapped out of some trance, almost like he had been zoning out. Sunny looked panicked, as far as Kel could tell. Sunny started to get up.

"Oh, uh Kel. I really wasn't expecting you to be here."

"Yeah, and I wasn't expecting you to be here either! Now, um, I heard you were mumbling something. Can you tell me what you were saying? Well, if it's fine with you of course."

"I um, -uh... I should probably get back home."

"Aw man, you sure? I was hoping to spend the day with you."

"Well, now that you say that, I should probably be out here for a bit longer. So anyways, where do you want to go, Kel?"

"How about our old hangout spot! It was always fun being there."

They walked to the park, feeling the happiest they had felt in a while.