CHAPTER 8

Basil POV:

Today had just been a normal day. You got up, ate breakfast, went to fix-it for some gardening supplies, and you headed back home. Besides, the day had been quite peaceful, and how could a day be wrong if you were enjoying every bit of it!

You grabbed your watering can to go and water your brand-new Love-in-a-Mist flowers. Just look how blue and pretty they were!

You hear the sliding backdoor open, and you look back expecting to see Polly. But boy were you wrong.

It was Aubrey out of all people. The person that surprisingly wasn't hitting you over the head with a bat right now. You start to sweat a bit, besides, she wasn't so nice to you for a long time, but you stay firm and talk to her.

"Oh hey there Aubrey! What are you doing around here?"

"I just needed someone to talk to for a bit."

This was surprising, she really wanted to talk to you of all people about something? I'm probably wasting her time though, but I already started this conversation so I gotta finish it.

"W-well, what do you want to talk about?"

"I'm not sure how to explain it, but I just want to talk to someone about it."

This is worrying, could something bad have happened?

"Oh, um, ok! We can go up to my room if you like, or we can stay out here!"

"Out here is just fine. It has a much more calming atmosphere, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I do. Anyways, what did you want to talk about? Y-you can tell me, don't worry!"

Well, she wouldn't worry, but I was. What could Aubrey have to say that she would come to ME to talk about it? All I have to say is:

I really wasn't expecting it.

I was thinking it would be about Bun-Bun or her mom (if you could even call the thing on the couch "her mom"), but I was completely wrong. She explained in great detail about what happened during her argument with The Hooligans, but I only remembered things like "So I might have accidentally smashed Kel's leg." and "I can't believe Kim would really say that!" because I was trying to process everything while she was talking. The talk with her dragged on for a while actually, it seemed like days had passed before she was done explaining. I tried to help her out, but it just wasn't working.

"Why don't you just truly show them that you are sorry for breaking Kel's leg?"

"I already DID, they just didn't listen."

"Then how about you go up to Kel himself and apologize?"

"There is no chance in a million years that I would actually have a serious conversation with that orange-joe drinking, basketball-playing dimwit."

"Aubrey! That's really mean to say about someone!"

"Well, he's not here, so what gives?"

This was tougher than I thought, maybe I should just lighten the mood?

"Hey, at least you talked to me about this. It seems like you really needed it."

"Yeah, I did. Anyways, how about a hug?"

"A h-hug? But I'm fine without-"

*Aubrey hugs you*Why does this feel nice WHY DOES THIS ACTUALLY FEEL NICE
You start to hug back, but Aubrey quickly pulls away and leaves without saying anything more. It was kinda awkward, but at least you can go back to watering your flowers.

(Note: Yeah, sorry about the late updates! I hope you enjoyed this chapter though!)