Leaving again

I watch as Ruel walks away from me. He looks back as he grabs his towel and tries to smile but he walks off again. I want to be petty and kick the sand but I walk back to Blake and Bryce hands me my dress, I slip it over my head and say my goodbyes before picking up my shoes and walking away.

I walk slowly up to the house, not knowing what's going to come next. I feel my anxiety grow and my chest tightens as I reach for the door. I walk in the house is silent but the faint laughter outside. I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and slide open the patio door.

Valentina was glaring at me but Analise was no where to be seen. I take a seat beside  Sunday and watch Ruel make us food. He had a button up shirt on but he left the front open. Sunday nudges me and smirks.

"I'm not talking to him" I whisper.

"You'll regret it" she shrugs.

"Maybe I will, but it's better than being let down" I reply pulling out my phone.

"Fine then regret it, but if I were you I'd be chasing him even if I had both hands tied behind my back" she says sitting back in her chair.

"So why don't you?" I ask.

"I like girls" she smiles.

"Wait seriously" I say shocked.

"Mhm, boys gross me out" she says nodding towards Dylan and Harrison.

"Foods done" Ford shouts and brings a huge tray over.

Sunday and I look over the food. There was everything but chicken. I look round to see everyone else eating.

"Where's the chicken?" Sunday and I ask at the same time.

"Shit" Ruel says looking at the both of us.

"It's fine, I can get it" I say getting up.

He gets up with me and follows me into the house. I grab the chicken skewers from the fridge and carry them past him. I walk to the barbecue and place then on the counter at the side, I open the packs and start putting them on the heat. Ruel does the same he doesn't move away from me.

"You can sit down, I know how to cook" I tell him.

"Really, I've only seen you cook noodles" he jokes.

"Hey, leave noodles alone" I smack his chest with the spatula.

"Just let me cook them for you" he presses.

"Where's Analise?" I ask.

"She went home to ice her bruise" he shrugs.

I could see he didn't care about her, or he wouldn't be stood here with me right now. I knew he wasn't going to admit that to himself tho. I take a deep breath and turn the chicken over.

"You've gone quiet" he whispers.

"Just thinking" I mumble.

"About?" He asks.

"Music lyrics, things I can write in my diary of reasons why I hate the world" I joke.

"Funny, what are you actually thinking about?" He asks flipping the chicken burgers.

"Not you Ruely that's for sure" I smile.

"Your a bad liar" he mumbles.

"So you haven't thought about me at all?" I ask turning to him.

He falls silent. He reaches over and flips over the skewers for me. I watch him as he carefully flips the skewers over. When he's finished I look up at him.

"Your silence is cowardly Ruel, even if I was thinking about you I wouldn't let myself admit it. You run forever, but I already stopped chasing" I say angrily and walk back to the table.

A few hours pass and Sunday and I were watching the sunset. I'd had a few hours to think about what I said to Ruel and I felt bad, because he knows full well I'd been thinking about him. Part of me wanted to pull him away and kiss him, the other part of me wanted to book the next plane and run back to LA.

"Hey, isn't that Analise" Sunday says nudging me.

I look out onto the beach I see a dark haired girl walking towards us cozied up with a boy. I look behind me to check Ruel was still with everyone, I let out a sigh and stand up to get a better look. I lean against the concrete wall and I could see the necklace she wore a single Opal gem that was shining in the sun.

"Fuck" I whisper.

Sunday and I share a concerned look, i wanna go down there and punch her in her stupid face. Instead I just throw myself back in the chair, Sunday stays stood up mumbling stuff to herself.

"Analise!" She shouts waving at her.

I stand up and watch Sunday as she exposes Analise. Everyone rushes towards us Ruel was stood beside me. Shes hidden in the guys chest and my heart aches for Ruel, I wanted to pull him into me and tell him it's gonna be okay. I keep my composure, I act cool and walk inside. I sit at the island and scroll through my phone.

The door opens after a few minutes and Ruel walks in red eyed. I want to stand up and hug him but I look up at him then look back at my phone. He walks towards me and pulls the chair out beside me and sits down. He was slouched over with his head in his hands.

"I wanna laugh in your face so bad right now" I blurt and I slap my mouth after I've said it.

"I wouldn't blame you" he laughs looking up teary eyed.

"Call it intuition but I knew that she would cheat on you" I shrug.

"Maybe I should've just chased after your Uber the day you left" he says wiping his eyes.

"Your too prideful to chase someone, just like me. That's why I left, you still haven't learned so I'm going to leave again" I mumble.

"When do you leave?" He asks.

"I'm all packed up to leave early hours" I smile.