Chapter 5 - Lottie

New chapter. New character.

Enjoy :) ily all somaj <3

---

I spent almost an hour just sitting on the hotel bed with my fingers gripped into the fabric. Much ran through my mind about what I was going to do once we got back to the house. Roxas and I only had ten minutes to get downstairs to meet with Lottie, Natalie's older sister and the new home owner.

The past two weeks were actually enjoyable. At first I went a little crazy because Claudette told Sticks if he took me back there that she would report him to his precinct. Then I realized I could spend all of my time with Roxas and my mind slowly started to change.

"How old were you when they died?" I asked him a few nights after my incident with Eddie. We were lying in bed getting ready to go to sleep.

He picked at his fingers as I turned to him and then dropped his hands to his chest. "I was eight."

He turned over to me and asked me the same thing. "Seven." I responded.

The conversation went from there and he really began to open up to me. His parents were zoologists that worked out of Boston and they moved to Connecticut when he was six. The fire happened two years later and he was sent to a foster home in Boston, but his foster parents gave him up when they became paranoid about him setting another fire. Then it was back to Connecticut where he was kicked out again, and again, and again, and then finally landed here.

"Every place I've been in is shit." He said. "This place was too...especially when I first got there...this kid Lush used to piss me off so much. Everyone hated him except Semi but I'm pretty sure it's because they were banging each other. Then Lush fucked up and everyone just kind of alienated him. He used to get drunk and ramble on about shit that never made any sense..." He shook his head and my attention shifted, but I didn't want to ruin the conversation. "Mrs. H caught him with alcohol in his room in the open so she had him kicked out. Things were decent after that but then I went after Scar and got put on Mrs. H's shit list..."

"Tazer, right?"

"Yeah, Tazer." He took a moment of silence then continued. "Lush wasn't replaced for a while...then you finally came. I don't know what they were waiting for."

I shook my head. "They were waiting for someone expendable."

He turned to me. "What do you mean?"

"They wanted to use me, remember?" I said. "They wanted someone to get into danger so they could sell out the ghosts." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I wonder..."

Roxas caught the slip and looked at me. "Wonder what?"

I thought about saying something, but I made a decision. I turned over and smiled. "You know what? Let's not talk about it until we're back at the house."

He looked at me uneasily but I kissed him quickly on the lips, making the corner of his lip turn up. "Alright...fine." He smiled and brought his mouth back to mine.

I didn't say a word about any of this for two whole weeks and now we were moving back. I still had no idea what to do about Eddie because his body was so unreachable. I did wonder what else was hiding down there...

I sighed and stood up when Roxas opened the bathroom door and came back into the hotel room. He smiled at me and held his hand out to me. "Ready?"

I smiled the best I could and nodded. "Ready."

---

Roxas and I walked into the dining hall to meet with all the other boys. Everyone sat around the table in little groups; Cello, Bass, Semi, and Awful were in one group, Blue and Specks were on their own, and then Killer was drawing by herself away from the boys. I walked over her, Roxas following behind me and I sat across from her. Roxas sat to my left.