Chapter 7 - Roxas

<3

---

A hand rested on my exposed shoulder, making me open my eyes and see what was before me. Water had pooled in the very center of my room and I stared into the reflection in a daydream. I shut my eyes again and blinked a couple of times before I looked up next to me. Cello stood there looking down at me with concerned eyes. “Are you seeing something?” He asked me, looking spooked.

I shook my head and then stopped to think. “I don’t think so.” I said. “Is there water in my room?”

He looked over. “Yeah…is the roof leaking?”

I nodded. “It probably is.”

He pat me quickly on the shoulder and started out of the room. I had to get up and get ready for my day but I couldn’t look away from the water. It rippled lightly as the boys one by one made their way to the stairs to go get their morning chore assignments.

I started to move when I saw someone stop out of the corner of my eye. As I stood up and touched my feet to the cold floor I tipped my eyes up to see the last person I expected to be standing in my room.

“Can I help you?” I asked Specks bitchily.

He rolled his eyes and walked towards me. “You can seriously drop the attitude with me.” He said, putting his hand up in my direction. “I’ve been strictly with Blue. I haven’t cheated in a while now.”

“What? Three days? Congratulations.” I smiled big and then walked past him, peering at the water as I reached my dresser.

“God, you’re so bitchy sometimes.” He said and then raised an eyebrow at the water. “What the hell is that about?”

“Roof’s leaking.” I said dryly as I took out some new clothes. I threw them onto my bed and then turned to him. “Why are you in here?”

“Who’s new guy?” He asked. “Connor…whatever…we need to give him a nickname.”

“Dick.” I said, enunciated the ‘k’.

Specks laughed. “Whoa…obviously you have some history with him.” He said in a sing song voice, and then sat on my bed as I tried to smooth out the wrinkles in my t-shirt. “I want to know.”

“Why?” I dropped my shirt and stared down at him. “Are you planning on banging him too?”

“Who’s banging who?”

We looked to my door to see Semi standing in the doorway with a smirk. I become overwhelmingly annoyed and pat Specks’s shoulder. “Go. Get out. I need to get dressed.”

“Damn…chill.” Semi said to me, giving me a dirty look. “I like your old friend by the way. He’s cuuuute.”

“Good I’m glad. Have fun.” I pushed Specks lightly out of my room and shut the door before I turned to get dressed.

I’d forgotten about the fact that I had to deal with Connor today. Even worse was that I had to explain to Roxas who he was and why I reacted so badly to him showing up. It made me sick to my stomach to even think about my last home because I caused so many issues for everyone that I got kicked out.

The last home I lived at there were twenty boys in a small house. None of us really spoke to one another and overall it was incredibly boring, but of course I had to find my games to play and that’s when Connor and I started to get close. He and another boy were seeing one another and I was thirsty to get in between them.

I finally won and broke them up after playing subtle games with Connor’s emotions, and in turn I turned him into the same type of monster I had been.